15 Minute Baked Avocado Eggs in the Air Fryer (Keto Friendly Recipe)
Air Fryer Avocado Egg Bake
Happy summer everyone! Today, learn how you can make a simple and easy baked avocado egg in the air fryer. This quick air fryer recipe is perfect for my keto and low carb lifestyle friends. Or, if you are just a fan of avocados and eggs, then you are going to love this one too!
Easy Air Fryer Recipes All Summer Long
I am excited to share with you easy air fryer recipes all month long. This summer, you won’t have to wonder what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Plus, these recipes are so easy, that your kids can make them too!
Download this free air fryer quick cooking guide so you can whip up easy air fryer recipes all summer!
Be sure to also subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay up to date on the easiest air fryer recipes.
How do you bake an egg in an avocado?
Baked egg in an avocado is a tasty keto breakfast that you can also enjoy for lunch or dinner, if desired. Check out these crazy simple ingredients to make air fried avocado eggs.
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- 2-4 slices bread
Additional Ingredient Ideas
The three aforementioned ingredients are the most basic ingredients you will need. Here are a few additional ingredients you can try if you’d like to add new, exciting flavors!
- a sprinkle of salt
- a dash of pepper
- a side of bacon slices
- tomatoes on the side
- a sprinkle of cheese – such as fresh parmesan cheese
- a squirt of lime juice
- a dollop of hot sauce
- a garnish of fresh cilantro, chives, or parsley.
Can you cook avocado with eggs in air fryer?
Yes, you can! It is so easy to cook an avocado with eggs in the air fryer. Follow these simple steps.
Step 1. Cut the avocados
Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the avocado pits. Carve out some of the avocado flesh so you can make room in the pit for an egg. Do this for each of the avocado halves. You want it to be shallow, but not all the way to the skin of the avocado.
How do I remove an avocado pit?
Remove the pit of the avocado by whacking it with your knife and then twisting.
Step 2. Use Parchment Paper
I like to use parchment paper in the air fryer when making this recipe because it will make cleaning up the air fryer basket easier. Especially if some of the egg overflows onto the air fryer basket.
Step 3. Crack the egg
Place the avocados on top of the parchment paper. Place bread slices around the avocados. Crack 1 egg into the cavity of each avocado half. Season with salt and pepper.
At this point, you can add any additional seasonings or toppings that you love. For example, cumin, lime juice, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, or parmesan cheese.
Step 4. Air fry the avocado eggs with the toast
Add slices of bread to the air fryer basket to make toast. You can also add additional side ingredients, such as tomatoes, red onions, bacon, or sausage.
Cook everything in the air fryer at 370 degrees F or 187 degrees C for 6-12 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
Important Note about the Toast
Feel free to remove the toast from the air fryer basket at any point that they are toasted to your liking.
If you prefer to toast bread in the toaster or with your oven broiler, you can do that instead.
You can serve these baked avocado eggs as a healthy breakfast, a tasty lunch, or a light, but filling dinner.
Garnish this recipe with fresh parmesan cheese, fresh chives, fresh parsley, or fresh cilantro. (Of course, you can use the dried version of each of these ingredients if that is what you have on hand).
You can also enjoy these avocado eggs with a few tasty vegetables or fruits such as tomatoes, red onions, or bell pepper slices.
Baked eggs in avocados are just as tasty as it sounds! This low carb breakfast recipe in the air fryer is so simple, so tasty, and so healthy! This is the perfect recipe to try this summer.
Share with us in the comments below how this air fryer breakfast recipe went for you!
More air fryer breakfast recipes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sandwich
- Homemade Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer
- French Toast Roll Ups in the Air Fryer
- Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
The Best Air Fryer Practices
- Air Fryer 101
- 25 Air Fryer Tips and Tricks
- Top 12 Air Fryer Mistakes
- The Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- FREE Air Fryer Cooking Times Quick Guide Download
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Get more 150 more Air Fryer Recipes in Cathy’s Yummy Air Fryer Recipe Cookbook
Air Fryer Avocado Eggs
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- 2-4 slices bread optional
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit of the avocado by whacking it with your knife and then twisting.. Carve out some of the avocado flesh so you can make room in the pit for an egg. Do this for each of the avocado halves. You want it to be shallow, but not all the way to the skin of the avocado.
- Place parchment paper in the air fryer basket. I like to use parchment paper in the air fryer when making this recipe because it will make cleaning up the air fryer basket easier. Especially if some of the egg overflows onto the air fryer basket.
- Place the avocados on top of the parchment paper. Place bread slices around the avocados. Crack 1 egg into the cavity of each avocado half. Season with salt and pepper.At this point, you can add any additional seasonings or toppings that you love. For example, cumin, lime juice, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, or parmesan cheese.
- Cook everything in the air fryer at 370 °F for 6-12 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking. (Note- Feel free to remove the toast from the air fryer basket at any point that they are toasted to your liking).
- Remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Comments & Reviews
I love that you can cook (turkey) bacon with it. Everything at once!!!!!
Thank you so very much!!!
Great idea, Sheri! Thanks for the review!
I have a question.
I don’t have a dual heat air fryer. So, does the time make a difference on cooking your recipes?
Hi Sheri, fantastic question! I’ve noticed that there isn’t a cooking time difference between the two models. If anything, the Dual Blaze may be a minute or two faster. I do a comparison video here to show what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/4BxYkkpno2s
Cooked this in my brand new InstaPot airfryer as directed, starting at 6 minutes because I wanted runny yolks. Toast perfect, eggs not done, whites runny. Cooked 3 more min. Tried to eat it, whites runny. Back in for 3 min. Whites runny. Yolks now gelled. Now I’m frustrated so up to 400 for 2 min. Yolks rubber, whites runny. Colossal fail.
Hey Lori, so sorry to hear that it didn’t work out! Eggs are hard to get right in the air fryer. You could try starting with a higher temp next time to see if that will cook the whites quicker.