Easy Homemade Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer
Can you make breakfast pizza in an air fryer?
Pizza for breakfast?! Yes, please! Today, I am thrilled to share with you a tasty, easy, and delicious homemade breakfast pizza for two to four recipe and how to make it in the air fryer! You will love this recipe because you only need a handful of your favorite breakfast ingredients and no more than 30 minutes.
With summer around the corner, this is the best summer air fryer breakfast that you can enjoy with your kids! Check out this air fryer breakfast pizza recipe!
Homemade Pizza in the Air Fryer
You only need a handful of ingredients to make a tasty breakfast pizza. The best part is that these ingredients are really easy to substitute with other ingredients!
- 1 crescent roll dough container
- ½ pound ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup defrosted hash browns or tater tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Ingredient Substitution Ideas
Don’t have all these ingredients? Here are a few substitution ideas you might like.
- Use pizza dough instead of crescent roll dough
- Replace sausage with bacon, bacon bits, or Canadian bacon.
- You can use hash browns or tater tots. If you aren’t a fan of potatoes, omit them.
- Switch out the cheddar cheese with Colby Jack Cheese, Mozzarella cheese, or your favorite cheese flavor.
Additional Ingredient Ideas
Want to make your breakfast pizza more fancy and flavorful? Here are a few ways you can do that.
- Top the pizza with your favorite sautéed veggies, such as: onions, bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, or mushrooms.
- Enjoy the pizza with avocado slices, a green onion garnish, salsa, pico de gallo, or sour cream.
Can pizzas be cooked in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook pizza in the air fryer! Here are a few tips when making an air fryer breakfast pizza!
Tip 1: Prepare the ingredients ahead of time
This recipe will come together a lot quicker if you make the pizza topping ingredients the night before. But, you can also do it the day of.
The main thing you will want to prepare is the sausage. You can cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat on stovetop or cook it in the air fryer like you would ground beef.
Tip 1.2: How to make a breakfast pizza the night before
You can prepare the entire pizza, besides the egg and milk mixture, the night before and store it in the refrigerator. Then, when you are ready to cook. Add the egg and milk mixture to the pizza and air fry!
Tip 2: Preheat the Air Fryer with the Tater Tots Inside
I cooked and chopped up frozen tater tots to make this recipe. For this, you can defrost the tater tots while you preheat the air fryer. So you don’t need to prepare the tater tots or hash browns the night before if you are using them from frozen.
Here are awesome recipes for homemade hash browns and homemade tater tots if you’d like to try it!
Tip 3: Make sure the pizza dough fits in the air fryer basket
For my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer, I can fit one half of the crescent roll dough at a time in the air fryer basket. This means that I need to cook in batches.
While you are preparing the crescent dough, remember this:
- Roll out the crescent dough, pinch together any seams and cut the dough in half. Pinch or roll the edges to form a crust (so that the egg mixture doesn’t flow over)
- Place the dough in the air fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius. This will help the dough not be soggy once you add the egg mixture.
Tip 4: Make the Egg Mixture
Whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
Tip 5: Make the Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer Basket
So you don’t have to worry about transferring the pizza from the counter to the air fryer, keep the pizza dough in the air fryer basket while you assemble the pizza.
- Place half of the sausage, hash browns or tater tots, and cheese on the pizza.
- Pour half of the egg mixture onto the pizza. If you want to add any additional pizza toppings, do so at this point.
Tip 6: Air fry the Pizza
Place the pizza in a lightly sprayed air fryer basket. Cook the pizza for 7 to 8 minutes at 380°F/193°C, or until eggs are cooked through or to your liking.
Note: scrambling the eggs halfway through the cooking process is optional, the eggs will cook either way.
Remove the pizza from the air fryer basket and repeat the cooking process with the remaining half of the dough. Serve and enjoy!
How long is this pizza good for?
You can store the breakfast pizza in an air tight container for 3 days after cooking.
Can you freeze breakfast pizza?
Is this recipe freezer friendly? For sure! Make this recipe then let the pizza slices that you want to freeze cool completely. Freeze the pizza slices individually on trays then wrap well with tinfoil and place in heavy duty Ziploc freezer bags.
When you are ready to enjoy this recipe again, you can microwave each pizza for one to two minutes on high heat.
Or, you can reheat them in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes at 380°F/193°C, or until it is no longer frozen and cheese is melted to liking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a couple of questions we’ve had when it comes to cooking pizzas and frozen pizzas in the air fryer!
How long does it take to cook a pizza in an air fryer?
It doesn’t take any more than 10 minutes to cook a pizza in the air fryer! Check out a few of these air fryer pizza videos on YouTube to see how to make homemade and frozen pizza in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Pizza: Which is the Best? Frozen, Pillsbury or Fresh?
- I Tested the TOP 5 FROZEN PIZZAS from Walmart in the Air Fryer, Here’s What Happened
How do you cook a frozen breakfast pizza?
If you have a premade frozen breakfast pizza already, you can place it in the air fryer basket and cook it in the air fryer for 8 minutes at 400°F/200°C.
How long do you cook a frozen pizza in an air fryer?
You can cook a frozen pizza in the air fryer for 8 minutes at 400°F/200°C.
Download this free printable to get more times and temps for frozen foods in the air fryer.
Breakfast pizza in the air fryer is so simple and easy! You will love this recipe because it is a fun and easy breakfast recipe that you can enjoy in less than half an hour!
Leave a review and share with us in the comments below what you think of this recipe!
More air fryer breakfast recipes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sandwich
- 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bowl in the Air Fryer
- Simple French Toast Roll Ups
- Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips, tricks, and other helpful hints!
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Breakfast Pizza
- 1 can crescent roll dough or pizza dough
- ½ pound ground sausage, cooked and crumbled or bacon, bacon bits, or Canadian bacon
- 1 cup defrosted hash browns or tater tots I did tater tots and to defrost them, I placed them in the air fryer basket while it was preheating
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or any cheese of your choice, I did Colby Jack
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Pepper optional
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese optional
- Cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat on stovetop. You can do this the night before to save time in the morning. You can also cook the sausage in the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer and defrost the tater tots or hash browns inside, at the same time.
- Roll out the crescent dough and pinch together any seams.
- Cut the dough in half. Or as big as it needs to be to fit inside your air fryer basket.
- Pinch or roll the edges to form a crust (so that the egg mixture doesn’t flow over).
- Place the dough in the air fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes at 350 °F.
- Mix together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl or dish.
- Place half of the sausage, hash browns/tater tots, and cheese on the pizza. Add any additional pizza toppings that you love at this point.
- Pour half of the egg mixture onto the pizza.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes at 380 °F, or until eggs are cooked through or to your liking. (With one of the pizzas, I slightly scrambled the eggs in the pizza at the halfway point- but this is optional, it will cook without scrambling).
- Remove from the air fryer basket and repeat the cooking process with the remaining half of the dough.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: Julia Pacheco