Amazon Lightning Deal Tips!
Every day Amazon offers Lightning Deals on everything from toys to electronics to household, clothing and more!
Because these deals are so awesome, they may go really fast!! We want to help you save, and sort through the deals really fast! First things first, you need to understand how these lightning deals work… (ps – you can view all of my favorite Amazon Deals right here)
How Amazon Lightning Deals Work:
Amazon puts anywhere from 200 to 2,000 deals on their Lightning Deal Sales. These sales usually last 2-4 hours, and are limited to the stock AMAZON has. They are almost always shipped and sold by Amazon. So you aren’t likely to find Aunt Flo’s hand knitted caps, but you will find LOTS of name brand items like Willow Tree, Lego, Tonka, Fisher Price and more.
They also tend to have theme days, like Melissa and Doug, Green Toys, or Rachael Ray (to name just a few!) where they put many items by the same company on sale all at the same time! It’s a great way to get several good deals on your favorite brands!
Benefits of Prime:
- Prime members get access to many of the deals 30 minutes before non members! (Try a 30 day trial of Amazon Prime Membership by clicking HERE!) Look for Prime Early Access Deal under the start time for Early Access to TONS of great lightning deals every day!
Things to Know:
- There is a time limit and a claim limit on every deal. It can vary from a few of the items to hundreds. Go into the deals expecting them to go fast. Especially if it has anything to do with Frozen, Disney, Marvel, Kindle, or Building Toys (like Lego, Mega Bloks, Magformers, etc)
- The deal is gone once the time limit or the claim limit is reached (whichever limit is hit first). BUT you can still get the deal if you miss it. Join the waiting list, and hang out on Amazon. (See Winning the Waitlist War below)
- Lightning Deals run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We can’t possibly post them all so be sure to check for new ones right here!
- Look on the sidebar to filter out what you’re looking for… tick the box “upcoming” to see what is coming up and set your alarm so you don’t miss it!
- There are different deals starting as often as every 15 minutes
- Lightning Deals are subject to change! Sometimes they run out of stock, or other unknown factors and deals change at the last minute. So be sure to check the deal list ahead of time, get into the right category, and and find the deal you want before the scheduled start time, so you aren’t waiting around for a deal that got moved or eliminated. If deals are ending, the page they are displayed on can change, so sort by category (see how below!) because it is the FASTEST way to sort through the deals.
Winning the Waitlist War:
When you get a lightning deal in your cart, you have 15 minutes to checkout. If you don’t checkout during that time, it becomes available again, and goes to the first person on the waiting list. MANY times people click claim before they even check the price or details to make sure they can snag it if they end up wanting it.
- Be sure to stay on the Amazon website, because you only have 3 minutes to claim the deal when it becomes available to you.
- Refresh your Amazon page every 2 minutes to make sure it isn’t your turn to claim it.
- If you don’t have Amazon Prime, make sure you have everything you need to get to the $35 shipping level in your cart, so you can check out immediately when it’s your turn. You don’t want to have to find something to make shipping free and possibly miss the deal.
- Of course, the easiest way to get around that is to try an Amazon Prime Membership FREE! You get 30 days of FREE 2-day shipping benefits, so NOW is the perfect time!
Since the deals go so fast…
We won’t be posting individual deals on our blog. The SUPER hot ones will make our Facebook page! Make sure you follow us on Facebook! Getting notifications when we post something on Facebook is the FASTEST and best way to make sure you don’t miss a deal! If you don’t want to get notifications, consider joining our Facebook group, because you’re a lot more likely to see the great deals we are sharing.
ps – using our links to get to the Amazon Lightning Deals page helps us employ 13 women who work from their homes! Thank you for shopping from our links!
Check out all of today’s Amazon Lightning Deals!
6 HOT Lightning Deal Tips:
- Get a Prime account because members get access to many of the deals 30 minutes before non members! (Try an Amazon Prime Membership FREE!)
- Know your prices! Sometimes a lightning deal might not be as good as it seems. Try to stop by the page of the item you want BEFORE it goes on Lightning Deal, to see how much it’s selling for. To do that, just click on the picture of the lightning deal, and it’ll take you right there!
- Lightning deals do not work on mobile devices unless you have the amazon mobile app, and even then, there is usually a delay. We recommend working directly from your laptop. And if it’s #1 on (insert favorite person’s name here) you might want to kick everyone off your wifi connection just before the deal goes live, so you aren’t battling 15 different devices for the bandwidth!
- You can not put the item in your cart and hope to get the price, you can only get the deal when you click on the lightning deal button.
- Lightning deals go fast so be ready and watch the time. Show up at least 60 seconds before it starts, and then get your mouse ready to click!
- You may have to refresh the page to see the deal if it does not show up at first, but count to 5 before you refresh, so you don’t miss it because your page is slow to refresh.
Good luck! Have you found any other ways to snag those Lightning Fast Deals?
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again