Attention: All College Students! Get Amazon Prime For FREE!
College Students: Sign up for FREE Amazon Student!
Like most of you know, I have 2 kids going off to college in a few weeks and we have been searching for ways to make this process a little less pricey! I am a SUPER huge Amazon fan, especially when it comes to Prime, because it saves me SO much money each year. I want my kids to have these same benefits while they are at college, but prime can be a little pricey for a college student.
That is why I am so PUMPED to share with you guys all about Amazon Prime for College Students as well as a way that you can get 6 MONTHS of AMAZON PRIME 100% FREE! So of course since I want my kids to take advantage of this awesome opportunity, of course I want yours to as well.
What You’ll Need:
You literally only need one thing, a .edu email! Once you have a student .edu email address, you will want to take advantage of this offer right away! Students get a free 6-month trial of Amazon Prime! SIX MONTHS FREE! You get complete access to everything a normal Amazon Prime membership has to offer. You can keep Student Prime for 4 years or until you graduate! But you always have the option to cancel at any time.
Amazon Student Free Trial Benefits:
- Six months of Amazon Prime free two-day shipping
- Six months of free unlimited photo storage in Cloud Drive
- Exclusive deals, discounts, and giveaways for students
- Earn credit for every friend you refer to Amazon Student
- Save 50% on Amazon Prime when the free trial is over
At the end of the free 6-month trial, you can sign up for Amazon Prime for 50% off – which is only $49 per year! This is such an awesome deal! Think about all the textbooks, school supplies, last minute Amazon Pantry orders, and more that you will be ordering! The free shipping ALONE is worth the $49 dollars. And on top of that you get tons of other benefits. You may cancel Prime at any time, so you can just cancel after the free six months and call it good. All free, all good!
I think you’ll find that Amazon Prime is totally worth it though, especially at 50% off! The Amazon Student $49 Prime plan includes all of the same benefits of Amazon Prime, but it can’t be shared with another account. See why we love Amazon Prime. (The Music, Movie & TV benefits of Prime are not available during the 6-month free trial, but are available with the Amazon Student $49 Prime.)
What Are the Benefits of Amazon Prime?
- Free Two-Day Shipping on thousands of different items from Amazon.com! I use this benefit a lot – love the fast, FREE shipping! No minimum purchase required and no limit on the number of orders you can place. Just look for the “Prime” logo with a check mark to see if the item is eligible.
- With the recent rise in the free shipping threshold (it went from $35-$49), it’s stopped being “no big deal” to meet the free shipping requirements. And paying to ship packages from Amazon can range from a couple of dollars to ten or more.
- Need it even faster? Prime members can upgrade to one-day shipping on items from Amazon for cheap! This is an awesome little perk for those times when there is an online purchase that you just need ASAP. I try to plan ahead to avoid it, but upgrading costs as low as $3.99 per item – a lot lower than you would find anywhere else for such urgent shipping.
- Early access to lightning deals. Prime members can purchase select lightning deals 30 minutes earlier than other shoppers. This is especially handy during Black Friday and Christmas shopping when those hot deals come along.
- Amazon Cloud Drive for Prime members is a unlimited, free online storage for photos and an additional 5GB for videos and files. Automatic photo backup and easy access from your phone, tablet, or computer! It is like having a virtual album of all of your photos!
- Prime Music offers unlimited, ad-free music with over a million songs and hundreds of playlists. Stream away!
- Watch unlimited movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video. There are thousands to choose from! Stream them on your TV, laptop, tablet, Fire TV, and more. You can download Prime movies and shows in order to watch them offline too!
- The Kindle Owner’s Lending Library includes over 800,000 free eBooks for Prime members to check out. There is quite the variety, including New York Times best sellers! Borrow one book a month for free and read it on any Kindle device. No due dates! You have to check it out and read it using a Kindle attached to your Prime account, you can’t use another app to get them.
- You also get to choose 1 free eBook each month with the Kindle First program, and these can be read on any device using the free Kindle reading app.
- Prime members are also offered exclusive coupons and deals. If you have little ones in your life, you will definitely want to sign up for AmazonFamily (only for Prime members) for deals on diapers, baby wipes, member-exclusive Amazon coupons, 15% off baby registry items, and more. Amazon Mom is free with Prime!
- You can create an Amazon Prime Household, which allows you to share Amazon content in a Family Library and Prime benefits with another adult in your household and up to four children.
With all of those perks, why would you not sign up for a free six month trial? Am I right??
Save on textbooks too!
I remember the college days (many years ago) of spending a small fortune on textbooks every year, then lugging them back over to the bookstore once I’m done with them to see if I could sell them back for any sort of compensation. Seems like I could only sell about half of the textbooks back, and for only a fraction of what I paid. Good times.
Anyway, now days there are more and better options. eTextbooks are definitely worth checking out. Take all of the books with you without breaking your back – accessible on any tablet, smartphone, or computer. You can highlight, take digital notes, see all relevant content at once, and more.
You can rent or buy textbooks on Amazon too!
- Save up to 80% on textbook rental
- Save up to 40% on new textbooks
- Save up to 90% on used textbooks
Plus, you can trade in your used textbooks for Amazon gift cards!
Seriously, you would be crazy to be in college and NOT sign up for this. This is the best thing for all college students. Everything else in college is expensive, so why not find something that will actually SAVE you money! Even if after your 6 month trial and you decide to pay the $49 each year, you will still be saving money! This is totally worth it!
Get your Amazon Student Prime Membership ASAP before school starts so you can reap all those benefits!