Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
Dinner is something to look forward to at the end of the day, and this chicken, cabbage, and apples sheet pan dinner is such a great way to end the day. It is such a flavorful dish, and even better it is made quickly in the air fryer.
Just make sure that you give the chicken time to marinate in the delicious homemade honey mustard marinade then you will get the juiciest chicken ever. Talk about YUM! Make sure you save this one for when you’re craving it later.
Simple Ingredients Needed for Our Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner in the Air Fryer:
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Chicken thighs
- Gala apples
- Air fryer
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Cutting board
- Medium mixing bowls (2)
Have you tried working with the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer yet? It is my go-to air fryer, especially on those nights when I need to feed everyone. It can fit the most out of my other air fryers (yay for less batch cooking!), and it cooks everything perfectly.
What To Use the Marinade For
When you find a good marinate they are normally great for more than just the recipe you are using it for. If you love this honey mustard marinade as we do, try using it in other ways!
Different Ways to Use Honey Mustard Chicken:
- With chicken breast
- On steak for the grill
- Marinate a whole chicken in it (you’ll probably have to at least double the marinade recipe for this)
- Chicken wings (with extra for dipping sauce)
Do I Need to Use Chicken Thighs for this Recipe?
While it is not 100% necessary to use chicken thighs, they do give you some of the most tender and flavorful pieces of chicken, especially paired with this delicious homemade honey mustard marinade.
Try using either chicken breasts or chicken wings in place of the chicken thighs if you’d like. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Air Fry Any time has a great printable sheet for cooking times to have handy.
What If I Don’t Like Cabbage?
The cabbage is a great vegetable that goes with the flavor of the dish, however, if you want you can always omit the cabbage or even replace it with your favorite vegetable.
How to Make Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner:
Step 1: Make Up the Marinade
Start by putting the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey mustard, dijon mustard, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Then whisk them all together to create your homemade honey mustard marinade.
You can also prepare your chicken by making sure that the chicken is deboned and the skin has been removed.
Step 2: Chop and Marinate the Fruit and Veggies
After you are done with the marinade, take the apples and cut them into ½ inch slices, and chop the cabbage into 2-inch pieces.
Then place the apples and cabbage into a small bowl with half of the honey mustard marinade and mix it together.
Step 3: Marinate the Chicken Thighs
In another small bowl, place the chicken thighs and season the chicken with a little salt and pepper to taste. Then pour in the remaining honey mustard marinade, making sure that the chicken is covered in the marinade.
Now let everything marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Step 4: Preparer the Air Fryer
After the chicken is done marinating, place the chicken thighs in one half of the air fryer basket and then cabbage and apples in the other half.
As the cabbage cooks it will shrink down so feel free to leave a little out if it can’t fit and add more as it begins to cook.
If you do not have enough room in the basket for both the chicken and the cabbage and apples, cook them in batches.
Step 5: Cooking in the Air Fryer
Once the air fryer basket is prepped, place it in the air fryer and turn it on to 380F or 193C for 14-18 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165F or 75C for an internal temperature at its thickest point.
While the chicken is cooking, halfway through pull the air fryer basket out and flip the chicken and stir the cabbage and apples, and then do it again in the last 2-3 minutes.
Be sure to add time as it is needed, and then when the chicken is done all the way, simply remove it from the air fryer and enjoy!
Chicken Air Fryer Recipes
If you are looking for some easy no-fail air fryer recipes, these amazing chicken recipes need to be the new go-to recipes that you can make in no time.
- 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer with Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Simple Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in the Air Fryer
This chicken recipe with the apples and the cabbaged cooked right alongside is such a great recipe. You truly can taste the fall flavors colliding especially with the sweet addition of the tender apples. This recipe will be a simple recipe to make again and again.
I also love that by using a homemade marinade you know exactly what is in it!
More Delicious and Easy Dinner Recipes to Make in the Air Fryer:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
- Cutting board
- Medium mixing bowls
Honey Mustard Marinade
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3-4 Chicken thighs, skin off, deboned
- 1 large Gala apple
- ½ head cabbage
- In a bowl, whisk to combine the oney mustard marinade ingredients.
- Debone and take off skin of chicken thighs if needed.
- Chop the cabbage into 2 inch piece.
- Slice the apple into slightly thicker than thin, but still thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, apples, and 1/2 c of the honey mustard marinade.
- In a separate bowl, marinade the chicken with the remaining honey mustard marinade. - -- Season the chicken marinade to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let both marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In one half of the air fryer layer the chicken thighs. On the other half of the air fryer place the cabbage and apple mixture. The mixture shrinks while it cooks, so you can layer on top more of the cabbage mixture than you think (feel free to add more of the mixture during the cooking process). Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cook this meal in batches.
- Air fry at 380 °F for 14-18 minutes, or until internal temp of chicken reaches 165 °F
- Halfway through cooking, flip the chicken and stir the cabbage and apples. During the last 2-3 minutes, do this again. Add more time as needed until chicken is fully cooked to liking.
- Remove from air fryer basket and enjoy.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!
Follow Fabulessly Frugal on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Comments & Reviews
I thought this was outstanding !!