Low Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Try this easy and delicious low carb, gluten-free blueberry muffin recipe!
I want low carb, keto recipes to taste good enough that anyone will love them, even those not eating low carb or gluten-free and my picky kids. These blueberry muffins hit the mark! They are surprisingly tasty, even though the recipe is so simple. Tender, sweet, cake-like blueberry muffins that are low carb, keto, gluten-free, and easy!
I have instructions for making these in the oven OR you can cook them up in your Air Fryer! Scroll down to the recipe card for instructions.
These are the kind of muffins you could serve for breakfast, dessert, or snack! Only takes about 30 minutes to make them from start to finish, plus you can make them in advance.
There are a lot of different keto blueberry muffin recipes out there, but I love the simplicity of this almond flour recipe found on Wholesome Yum. They turn out so delicious that there is no need for anything more, or any other recipe, in my opinion.
The only ingredients you need are blanched almond flour, erythritol (I use Swerve granulated), baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, unsweetened almond milk, eggs, vanilla, and blueberries. If you need the recipe to be dairy-free, you can use melted coconut oil instead of the butter.
Fresh or frozen blueberries work here. For frozen berries, don’t thaw them. I’m sure a different milk can be used too, but almond milk works well for me because I already have it on hand and it is low carb and high in protein.
It isn’t required, but you can coat the berries with some of the flour mixture before adding them to the batter, in order to help prevent them from sinking in the muffins. Up to you! You can totally try adding different kinds of add-ins, rather than blueberries too. Maybe different berries or pieces of fruit or chocolate chips would be good!
These muffins are so soft, tender, and delicious. Everyone will love them! We sure do!
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our recipe email.
See more of our favorite low carb keto recipes!
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a traditional muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt. If desired, remove a few teaspoons of the almond flour mixture and add it to the blueberries; toss to coat. Set aside. Coating the blueberries in the dry ingredients will help keep them from sinking in the muffins.
- Add the melted butter, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla to the almond flour mixture. Stir until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Portion batter evenly into the 12 prepared muffin liners. Bake for around 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Fill 12 silicone muffin liners and bake for 10-12 minutes at 330˚F/165˚C or until internal temperature reads 180˚.
Use fresh or frozen blueberries. Do not thaw the frozen blueberries though. For dairy-free version, use coconut oil in place of butter.
Recipe Source: Wholesome Yum