The Best Classic Coleslaw
Nothing says summer like a BBQ with fresh coleslaw! Today, we are celebrating the arrival of summer with this classic coleslaw recipe. You are going to love this recipe because it’s fresh, easy, and so tasty.
What You Need to Make Classic Coleslaw
I love this coleslaw recipe because I can adapt it easily to fit my needs. Whether I’m feeding my family or serving it at a BBQ party with friends, it is so simple to make! For the recipe, you need:
- 1, 14oz bag shredded green cabbage with carrots
- 1, 5oz bag shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
How to Make Coleslaw for a BBQ
This recipe is so easy to throw together. First, in a large bowl, toss together the green cabbage mix and purple cabbage until combined.
Then, in a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, white sugar, salt and pepper.
Next, pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cabbage and toss until well combined.
You can either serve the coleslaw immediately or keep it chill until its ready to be served.
As I mentioned before, this recipe is super adaptable. This recipe calls for about 20 oz of shredded cabbage and carrots. But you can adjust the quantities as needed depending on what mixes are available to you and according to your tasting preference.
Enjoy this classic coleslaw as a side at your next BBQ party. You will love this coleslaw with:
- Air Fryer Steak or Garlic Herb Grilled Steak
- BBQ Chicken Kebabs
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
You will also love serving this coleslaw with other great sides, such as:
Discover more delicious BBQ sides here.
Coleslaw is such a fun side that is easy to throw together and so tasty too. I promise that this recipe will be a hit at your next BBQ party. Share with us what you love about this classic coleslaw recipe.
More of our favorite easy side recipes
Tasty Cobb Salad and Honey Mustard Dressing
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups hard boiled eggs sliced or cut
- 2 grilled chicken breasts sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl. You can top the lettuce with other ingredients displayed on top, or toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, or serve dressing on the side.