Healthy Zucchini Muffins Recipe
Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins – Great for Breakfast, Snack, or Lunch!
It is always nice to add a healthy and delicious muffin to the repertoire. Since they have so much good stuff inside, you can eat them for breakfast, as a snack, or for lunch!
These healthy zucchini muffins boast whole grains, veggies, fruit, and no refined sugars. Even better, they taste great! They remind me of a slightly sweet zucchini bread combined with a moist bran muffin.
Shredding the Zucchini
I love getting fresh zucchini from the garden! We’ve shared lots of our favorite zucchini recipes and this is yet another great way to put it to use! Start with 2 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini (about 1 large or 2 medium zucchini), then press and squeeze out all of the liquid.
Related: How to Freeze Zucchini
Sweetening the Zucchini Muffins
Pure maple syrup and honey sweeten up these zucchini muffins just enough. The apple, carrot, and zucchini add flavor, color, nutrition, and moistness.
Making the Oat Flour
To make the 1 cup of oat flour, simply blend about 1 cup + 3 tablespoons of old fashioned rolled oats in a blender or food processor until it reaches the consistency of flour. Easy peasy.
Mixing the Muffin Batter
When adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, you don’t want to over mix. Stir just enough to barely combine the batter. This helps keeps the muffins soft and moist!
Scooping the Batter
The batter is thick, so I use my handy cookie scoop to divide the zucchini muffin batter quickly and evenly among the muffin tins.
I asked my kids if they would like these carrot zucchini muffins for lunch and they all said yes! Then I took some over to the neighbors to see what they thought. Taste-test approved by 6 out of 7 kids and 100% of adults! 😉 Hope you give them a try and like them too!
Note: If you want to make your muffins a bit sweeter you can add chocolate chips but that will also make them a bit less healthy.
My favorite measuring spoons!
More Muffin Recipes:
- Healthy Baked Oatmeal Muffins To Go
- Keto Pizza Mini Muffins Recipe
- Peach Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- Glazed Donut Muffins Recipe
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Double Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
This recipe is slightly adapted from Don’t Waste the Crumbs.
Healthy Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- Small bowl
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup shredded apple
- ¾ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups whole grain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease or use liners in the muffin pans.
- In a large colander, combine the shredded zucchini and salt; mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Press as much liquid out of the zucchini as you can. Then transfer the zucchini to a clean kitchen towel and wring out any remaining liquid from the zucchini.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large bowl. Whisk in the honey and maple syrup until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add the shredded carrot, apple, and zucchini to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir to barely combine. Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir to barely combine. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin pans; fill each to about 2/3 or 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin in the center of the pan comes out clean.