Keto Pizza Mini Muffins Recipe
Low Carb, Gluten-Free Keto Pizza Mini Muffins!
This low carb pizza muffins recipe is totally family-friendly, delicious, and easy! Also, if you’re on the keto diet you’ll be glad to hear these muffins are keto friendly as well!
The savory mini muffins are full of mozzarella and pepperoni, bursting with Italian flavor! Dip them in a low-sugar pizza sauce or marinara to really bring it home. Rao’s Marinara Sauce is low carb and delicious – you can find it at Whole Foods or Amazon. For an easy homemade option, I use this crazy bread copycat dipping sauce (found at the bottom of the recipe).
Got Picky Eaters?
I have an especially picky eater at my house. There can be a lot of groaning and moaning when my kids hear what’s for dinner. But when I first presented these keto pizza muffins, he said, “I like pizza and I like muffins, so I think I’m going to like these!” Hooray!
And yes, he does like them, which is a huge win. We all like them! I am so glad to have found the recipe on All Day I Dream About Food. She’s a low carb recipe genius!
Ingredients for Low Carb Pizza Muffins
Almond flour is pretty easy to find nowadays. Check your local store in the baking aisle or health foods section. Or you can make your own almond flour by grinding blanched almonds into a fine powder. Almond flour is available on Amazon and at my local Costco store too!
Follow the Whey
I know it is tempting, but don’t omit the whey. It helps the muffins rise and keeps them from falling apart! I ordered unflavored whey protein from Amazon, but your local store may also carry it.
It will probably come in handy for other keto and gluten-free baking recipes too. Honestly, I think it is worth the purchase just for this recipe!
Enjoy Your Low Carb Pizza Muffins!
If you try them out, we’d love to hear how you like them! Feel free to leave a comment below. 🙂
If you enjoyed this low carb pizza muffins recipe, make sure to check out our list of delicious keto dessert recipes, and our super-easy keto instant pot recipes. Those should keep you occupied for a while!
See more of our favorite low carb and keto recipes!
Would you like to see even more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our recipe email.
Keto Pizza Mini Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unflavored whey protein
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C. Grease mini muffin pan, or use liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, whey protein, Italian seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Add cheese and pepperoni; stir to combine.
- Stir in eggs, butter, and almond milk until combined. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Serve with low carb pizza sauce or marinara.
Recipe Adapted From: A Sweet Life