Peach Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Delicious Oatmeal Peach Muffins
‘Tis the season for peaches! If you have a peach tree, you are probably looking for some great recipes that you can enjoy with all of those lovely, fresh peaches. Otherwise, peaches are usually on sale while they are in season, so it is a great time to buy too.
Either way, I definitely recommend you try these peach oatmeal muffins! The fresh peaches are super tasty baked into these muffins, and each muffin includes lots of sweet, peachy bites.
With oats, Greek yogurt, and peaches in there, these peach oatmeal muffins totally count as a healthy snack or breakfast option. 🙂 I haven’t tried it yet, but I think it would work great in this recipe to replace half of the flour with whole wheat flour too.
If you don’t have Greek yogurt, you can use sour cream in its place. If you don’t have sour cream, you can try using all Greek yogurt.
The batter is super thick, but you can still mix in the peaches pretty evenly with some gentle folding. Try not to over mix the batter though!
You can fill up the muffins tins pretty much to the top – the muffins don’t rise much, so they shouldn’t overflow.
These peach oatmeal muffins are incredibly moist, soft and delicious! A generous amount of cinnamon and sugar is the perfect way to top them off! The muffins are best served the same day as they are baked because the topping forms a very slight (and perfect) crust. Yum!
Hope you give this recipe a try and love it too!
Check out more of our favorite peach recipes:
- Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
- Peach Crisp
- Mini Peach Cobbler
- Peach Banana Smoothies
- Peaches ‘n Cream Strudel
- Rhubarb and Peach Crunch
- Peach Pie
- Mango Peach Salsa
- Peaches ‘n Cream Pie
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Peach Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped peaches (about 1 peach)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a standard muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, sour cream, Greek yogurt, and egg, until well combined. Use a rubber spatula to stir this mixture into to the dry ingredients until just moistened. Gently fold in the chopped peaches. Scoop the thick batter evenly into the muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping. Sprinkle it over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake muffins for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a center muffin comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Recipe Adapted From: DamnDelicious.net