Super Easy Pizza Crust Recipe
I Love This Easy Pizza Crust Recipe!
Last summer I figured out how to make grilled pizza. It’s been a favorite in our home since!
Since then, I’ve been trying to find the perfect pizza crust recipe that would work nicely on the grill. Last week my sister shared her super easy pizza dough recipe with me and guess what, it worked PERFECTLY!
It’s easy to handle (I didn’t even “knead” a rolling pin when making the personal-sized crusts), and it tasted YUMMY! Now I’m going to share it with you…
How to Make Pizza Dough at Home
Ok, ready to see how easy this is? First, with your electric stand mixer and dough hook, mix together the water, honey, oil, yeast, and salt. If you’d like, you can use 1 tablespoon granulated sugar in place of the honey in this recipe.
Next, mix in about 1 ½ cups flour, then gradually add more until a soft dough forms and clears the sides of the bowl. The dough will be soft, smooth, and tacky, but should not stick to fingers.
Now you can either let the dough knead in the mixer for 2-3 minutes, or you can knead it by hand for 5-6 minutes. Then cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Finally, roll out dough onto parchment paper and shape it into one large pizza or multiple smaller pizzas.
Tip: Lightly prick the surface of the dough with a fork to help prevent bubbles while baking.
Pick Your Favorite Ingredients!
A bonus with making homemade pizza dough is that you get to decide what kind of ingredients you want to use. Super affordable pizza? Use inexpensive ingredients and simple toppings. Organic pizza crust? Just use organic ingredients!
Some of my favorite toppings are chicken, crumbled bacon, and alfredo sauce. My kids love cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza. My husband likes sausage, pepperoni, and pineapple.
For a nice finishing touch, lightly sprinkle a little more mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and grated Parmesan over the pizza toppings.
To see this pizza crust in action, check out our Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe.
Final Thoughts + Tips
I’m so excited to have a homemade pizza dough recipe that is fast, easy, and delicious! Homemade pizza ready in 30 minutes! This pizza crust recipe is a big hit with my family, and we can be pretty picky about pizza.
One of my favorite things about this specific pizza crust recipe is that it works well baked in the oven, grilled, and for frozen pizza! (For instructions for all of those different methods, scroll down to the recipe box.)
One final tip: for the best results, use a pizza stone. It will help your pizza cook more evenly, and it’ll make the crust light, bubbly, and crispy.
More Pizza Recipes:
- Crazy Delicious Zucchini Pizza Crust
- Easy Dutch Oven Pizza
- Easy Grilled Pizza Recipe for Unbeatable Pizza Nights
Super Easy Pizza Crust Recipe
- Stand mixer
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer with a dough hook, mix together the water, honey, oil, yeast, and salt. Mix in about 1 ½ cups flour, then gradually add more until a soft dough forms and clears the sides of the bowl. The dough will be soft, smooth, and tacky, but should not stick to fingers.
- Let dough knead in the mixer for 2-3 minutes. (If kneading by hand, it will take 5-6 minutes.)
- Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough onto parchment paper and shape into pizza(s). Lightly prick the surface of the dough with a fork, to help prevent bubbles while baking.
- Oven: Spread on sauce and toppings. Bake at 475°F/245°C on a pizza stone or lightly greased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
- Grill: (Divide dough into three small pizzas.) Preheat the grill, setting one burner on medium-high and the other on medium-low. The actual temperature setting will depend on your grill and how hot it cooks. The hotter side should cook one side of the crust quickly, in just a few minutes.
- Brush oil on both sides of pizza crusts. Place dough on the hotter side of the grill for a few minutes, until top of dough blisters and bottom of the crust is cooked to your preference. Flip the dough over and transfer it to the less hot side of the grill.
- Spread on sauce and toppings, let cook until cheese is melted, being careful not to overcook the crust.
- Freezer: Spread on sauce and toppings. Before baking, wrap the topped pizza with plastic wrap, then cover with foil. Freeze. To cook from frozen, preheat oven and pizza stone to 475°F/245°C. Unwrap the pizza and bake on pizza stone for about 15 minutes, rotating halfway through.
For the best results, use a pizza stone. It will help your pizza cook more evenly, and it'll make the crust light, bubbly, and crispy.
Recipe Adapted From: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Comments & Reviews
I bought two 12″ UNglazed ceramic/stone tiles at Lowe’s for $4.69. I laid them side-by-side on my gas grill, and can cook two pizzas as once. PERFECTION! This was a super cheap solution, instead of buying an expensive stone.
Can you post a picture please
Grilled pizza is the absolute BEST!! This one looks so yummy!! TFS