Air Fryer Toasted Breakfast Bagel
I absolutely love this air fried breakfast bagel. I love it even more that I can get a tasty and filling meal for breakfast in 10 minutes or less!
Plus, since you get to choose your toppings, this recipe will never get boring. Make it how you like and enjoy it for breakfast during the week.
Ingredients Needed for Breakfast Bagel Recipe:
- Milk or heavy cream
- Breakfast toppings (your favorites)
Ways to Change Up this Fast Breakfast Recipe
This breakfast recipe is so nice and versatile. I love that I can change one or two things and the flavors you get are completely different. Let me suggest a few!
Try These Easy Changes:
- Pick a different bagel flavor (cinnamon raisin, everything, whole wheat) this will definitely change the meal you make.
- Try a muffin instead!
- Pick one or more toppings to change it up a little
- Use a spread like jelly, jam, or marmalade on the bagel.
Can Eggs be Made in the Air Fryer?
They sure can! As long as you set the air fryer to 350F or 175C you will get perfectly cooked eggs. Just be sure to watch and not overcook them, as the eggs can dry out quickly.
Do I Need to Toast the Bagel Beforehand?
You do not need to toast the bagel before you begin making the breakfast bagel. The air fryer will do all of the work of giving you a perfectly warm, toasted bagel.
How to Make This Air Fryer Toasted Breakfast Bagel:
Step 1: Mix the Egg Mixture
Begin by combining the egg and milk (or heavy cream) in a small mixing bowl. Then use a fork to whisk the milk and egg together and then set it aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Bagel
Grab the bagel and break it apart or cut it in half. Then take one side of the bagel and use your finger to press down on the bagel to form a ring on the side of the bagel. You are essentially creating a mold to hold the liquid eggs inside the bagel bread.
Repeat this step on the other half of the bagel.
Step 3: Fill the Bagel
Once you have the bagel halves prepared with a nice little indent going along the inside of the bagel, place the bagel into the air fryer basket with the cut side facing up.
Then carefully pour the liquid egg mixture into the bagel mold.
Step 4: Pick Your Toppings
After the egg has been added to the bagel, place the toppings you chose on top of the egg mixture. You can also leave the bagel plain with no toppings as well. If so then just simply skip this step.
Step 5: Cook the Breakfast Bagel
Close the air fryer when the bagel has been prepped, set the air fryer to 350F or 175C, and cook the bagel for 5 minutes, or until you see the eggs set up.
Make it a Big Breakfast
While, you can just make this bagel recipe and be perfectly satisfied, especially on those busy days, however, that doesn’t mean you can’t turn this into a full-blown breakfast meal.
Enjoy These Recipes with a Breakfast Bagel:
- Air Fryer Magic Marshmallow Rolls— An Easy Breakfast or Dessert Recipe
- Delicious and Easy Air Fryer Puff Pastry Danishes
- The BEST Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Our Favorite Monkey Bread Recipe in the Air Fryer!
When I bought my air fryer, I don’t think I truly knew just how much I could actually make in the air fryer, like this breakfast bagel meal. Who knew the air fryer could do all of the hard work for you? Plus I love that I can make each bagel just how everyone likes it with their own toppings.
If you have yet to jump on the bandwagon, now is the time! I highly recommend the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer!
Make More Breakfast Recipes in Less Time with an Air Fryer:
- Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
- The Best Overnight Breakfast Casserole in the Air Fryer
- Easy and Simple Air Fryer Breakfast Bomb
- How to Make a Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
- Easy Homemade Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bowl in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Toasted Breakfast Bagel
- Small bowl
- 1 Egg
- ½ tbsp Milk or heavy cream
- Breakfast toppings Bacon bits, chopped pepper, shredded cheese, onions, mushrooms
- Whisk the egg with the milk.
- Take the bagel, cut it in half, and press down the bread in the bagel to form a ring like a bundt mold.
- Place the bagels in the air fryer basket. Pour the egg mixture into each half of the bagel. Add any toppings that you desire. (It also tastes great without any toppings if you don’t have them on hand)
- Cook for 5 minutes at 350°F/175°C.
- Remove and enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!