How to Make Air Fryer Bread
The Best Way to Make Bread
I’m not one who normally makes homemade bread, but ever since I made bread in the air fryer, I have been hooked! I want to give a huge shoutout to my viewer Richard in Chicago who shared this life-changing air fryer recipe with me! You can watch me make this homemade bread in the air fryer, or keep reading below!
Bread in the Air Fryer
Air fryer bread is so easy. This recipe is also called Pain de Mie or Pullman Bread and will make a 1 pound loaf or two half pound loaves. The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 1/2 cup milk (123 g)
- 1/2 lukewarm water (118 g)
- 4 tablespoons softened butter (56 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (25 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (7 g)
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast (8 g)
I recommend using a digital scale for this recipe. You want to be accurate and precise in your measurements for the best results, and the best way to do this is by using a digital scale and the gram measurements.
What Bread Pan Should I Use?
You will need a Pullman loaf pan for this recipe. You will also want to measure the dimensions of your air fryer basket and make sure the bread pan will fit. I was able to fit 2, 8-inch loaf pans in my 5.8qt Cosori Air Fryer.
How to Make Bread in the Air Fryer
Add all ingredients to bowl or bread maker and knead bread for 5-6 minutes. Remove dough and knead by hand, lightly spray the bowl with a healthy oil and place the ball of dough back into the bowl and cover and let rise 1-2 hours (depending on how warm your kitchen is).
Next, form loaf to fit inside the pan. Place it in the loaf pan, cover, and let rise another 30 minutes.
How Long Should I Cook Bread in the Air Fryer?
Bake covered at 370˚F/187˚C for 21-22 minutes or until internal temp reaches 200˚F for a small pan (half recipes), or for 30 minutes for the larger pan (full recipe).
Gently remove the bread from the pan and let it cool on a rack. Slice and enjoy!
Pro tip: use an instant read food thermometer
Because every air fryer make and model is different, make sure you use an instant read thermometer to get accurate readings of the internal temp of your pain de mie or Pullman bread. Your bread will be finished when it reaches and internal temperature of 200˚F or 93.3˚F.
If it is not after 20-30 minutes, add 2-3 minutes to the cooking time until finished.
You can get a FREE download of the top 18 Air Fryer Tips PLUS the recommended internal temps for meats & baked goods.
This bread is crazy delicious and so easy to make! Our family gobbled this air fryer recipe right up. This is such a fun recipe to make with your kids. You might also enjoy this one with this spectacular homemade strawberry jam.
More of my favorite air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki in the Air Fryer
- Easy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Savory Air Fryer Carrots
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- The Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 375 g
- ½ cup milk 123 g
- ½ cup lukewarm water 118 g
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature 56 g
- 2 tablespoons sugar 25 g
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt 7 g
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast 8 g
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl or bread maker. Use a digital kitchen scale for accurate measurements. Knead for 5-6 minutes. Dough should be soft, smooth, elastic, and tacky.
- Remove dough and knead by hand and form into a ball. Lightly spray the bowl with an oil spray and place the ball of dough back into the bowl. Cover and let rise for 1-2 hours, until doubled.
- Punch down dough to remove air bubbles. (Divide dough equally if using two pans.) Roll out dough, keeping with the width of the loaf pan, and roll up the dough tightly, pinching the seam and tucking the ends under. Place loaf in a lightly sprayed/greased Pullman loaf pan. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake covered with loaf pan lid at 370˚F for 21-22 minutes (for two smaller pans) or 30 minutes (for larger pan), until internal temperature reached 200˚F. Turn bread out from pans and let cool on a cooling rack.