Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken
If you are looking for a delicious Chinese recipe, then you have stumbled upon the best air fryer bang bang chicken recipe.
It has the best homemade bang bang sauce that you will use to marinate the chicken but it can also be used as a dipping sauce as well.
So, when you are craving some tasty Chinese food, whip out this easy dinner recipe. This recipe can be made for one or for the whole family.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make this Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken:
- Chicken breast
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Seasoned salt
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
More types of meat to use
When we made this bang bang chicken recipe, we obviously used chicken, however, you can use other types of protein for this meal if you choose.
Just remember that you will have to adjust the temperature and time based on which type of meat you choose to use.
Here are a few options:
- Steak (however I would moreso use the bang bang sauce as a dip rather than a marinade)
Does this recipe work frozen?
Like most chicken dishes, you can freeze this recipe. If possible, I would freeze it when the chicken is coated in the bang bang sauce, but not yet cooked.
By stopping before the chicken is cooked you will avoid potentially drying out the chicken by overcooking it.
This can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to make this Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken:
Step 1: Prep the chicken
First, start by patting your chicken dry with paper towels and then pound it down to an even thickness with a tenderizer.
Once that is done cut the chicken into into strips.
Step 2: Make the seasoning
Then just add your seasonings (1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and seasoned salt) together in a small mixing bowl.
Step 3: Season the chicken
After you have the seasoning made up, spray the chicken with oil then liberally add on the seasoning mixture.
Make sure to rub the seasoning mixture into the chicken so it is coated.
Step 4: Make bang bang sauce
To make the bang bang sauce, combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, and 1 tbsp sriracha in a medium mixing bowl.
**Before you use the sauce, remove and reserve half of the mixture for serving.**
Step 5: Cook the chicken
After the sauce is made, add a spoonful of bang bang sauce to each chicken strip. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket.
Air fry the chicken at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees C for 8 minutes, or until the chicken becomes at least the safe internal temperature of 165 degrees F or 74 degrees C.
If you don’t have a Dual Burner air fryer, be sure to flip the chicken halfway through cooking.
Carefully remove and enjoy with the remaining bang bang sauce! Then serve it with your favorite sides, we loved this one as is, but it would also taste delicious with a side of rice or roasted broccoli.
What to serve with bang bang chicken
There are plenty of options for easy side dishes to serve with this simple bang bang chicken recipe. But, of course, a few of my favorites stand out.
My favorite and easy side dish recipes:
- Air Fryer Broccoli from Frozen
- How to Roast Any Vegetable in the Air Fryer
- Rice in the Air Fryer
- The Best Fried Rice in the Air Fryer
Rest assured this is a great and simple dinner recipe, Whether you need it just for yourself or to feed the family, this recipe is super adaptable and extremely tasty.
You can have dinner ready in no time with simple pantry ingredients that you’ll always have on hand.
The best air fryer chicken recipes to make for the family:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken
- Paper towel
- Oil sprayer
- Small bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Meat thermometer optional
- First, pat your chicken dry and pound it down to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into into strips.
- Then just add your seasonings (1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and seasoned salt) together in a small bowl.
- Spray the chicken with oil then liberally add on the seasoning mixture.
- Rub the seasoning mixture into the chicken.
- Make the bang bang sauce. In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, and 1 tbsp srircha. Remove and reserve half of the mixture for serving.
- Add a spoonful of bang bang sauce to each chicken strip. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 3380 °F for 8 minutes, or until the chicken comes to the safe internal temperature of 165 °F. If you don’t have a Dual Burner air fryer, be sure to flip the chicken half way through cooking.
- Remove and enjoy with the remaining bang bang sauce! We loved this one as is, but it would also taste delicious with a side of rice or roasted broccoli.
Recipe Adapted From: @eman_inthekitchen
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!