Quick and Easy Air Fryer Garlic Rolls
Air Fryer Garlic Rolls
Air fryer garlic rolls are a quick, easy, and flavorful side that you can whip up for any meal in minutes. With a special air fryer hack you have completely frozen rolls to soft buttery and garlicy ones in an hour. Keep reading to learn how!
The Best Garlic Topping
This butter and garlic topping for these rolls is so quick and simple! You only need 3 ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon of basil
How to Make Garlic Butter
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and the minced garlic in a small dish. Feel free to add more butter or garlic to your taste.
Quick Homemade Roll Recipe
I used frozen Rhodes rolls for this recipe. You can also use a quick, 1-hour dinner roll recipe if you don’t have Rhodes rolls on hand, but still need a side on the table quick.
To make homemade 1-hour rolls, you need:
1 hour quick rolls in the air fryer instructions:
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together about 3 3/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
In a medium bowl or large glass measuring cup, add water, milk, and butter pieces. Microwave until it reaches 115 degrees on a thermometer, about 1 minute 15 seconds. Stir to help the butter melt partially.
Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add the lemon juice. Mix on low speed and gradually increase to a medium-low speed, let knead for about 3-4 minutes until smooth and elastic. Add small amounts of additional flour as needed. Dough should be clearing the sides of the bowl and be lightly sticky or tacky but still manageable.
Leave the dough in the mixer bowl or transfer to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F/175°C for 3-4 minutes while you let the dough rest.
After which, cut the dough in half then form 9 dough balls.
When the air fryer is ready, place down a piece of parchment paper with the 9 dough balls on top.
Lightly wet your finger and gently brush the tops of the dough to keep them from drying out. Since the air fryer is still warm, insert the air fryer basket inside the air fryer for about 10 minutes to let the dough rise. Do not turn the air fryer on.
With the other half of the dough, form into dough balls and place on piece of parchment paper on a plate.
After 10-20 minutes, the dough balls should have risen. At this point, turn your air fryer on and cook for 8 minutes at 320°F/160°C, or until the internal temperature reaches 180-190°F/82.2-87.7°C *Add the garlic butter and follow its directions at this point
There you have it! Easy, homemade rolls in the air fryer!
How to Make Dough Rise in the Air Fryer
One of the reasons that I love that air fryer is because it is a great way to let dough rise! You could either place the rolls in a warm area of the kitchen for 3-5 hours or until they double in size. OR you could preheat the air fryer to 350°F/175°C for 3-4 minutes. Once it finishes preheating, place the rolls inside the air fryer. Do not turn it on. Let the rolls sit there and rise for 10-20 minutes, or until they double in size. A simple hack that can save you hours! This is just one reason why this recipe is so great!
Air fryer garlic rolls are incredibly easy! Not only that, but they are also so tasty too that everyone will love them! What do you like to put on top of your rolls?
More tasty air fryer recipes that you don’t want to miss!
- The Very Best Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Air Fryer Raspberry French Toast Cups with Raspberry Lemon Syrup
- Air Fryer Apple Cobbler
Helpful air fryer tips and tricks!
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download: Top 18 Air Fryer Tips and get air fryer recipes delivered to your inbox every weekend!
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Air Fryer Garlic Rolls
- 7-9 Rhodes dinner rolls thawed, rise 3-5 hours
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon basil
- garlic salt to taste
- Either place the rolls in a warm area of the kitchen for 3-5 hours or until they double in size. OR preheat the air fryer to 350°F/175°C for 3-4 minutes. Once it finishes preheating, place the rolls inside the air fryer. Do not turn it on. Let the rolls sit there and rise for 10-20 minutes, or until they double in size.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter + minced garlic in a small dish.
- Brush garlic butter on top of defrosted rolls in the pan, then sprinkle on garlic salt and basil on the top of them. Put the pan into the air fryer basket and close.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes total at 330°F/165°C. Melt 1 more tablespoon of butter. Open the basket at the halfway point and brush half of this melted butter on top. Continue cooking.
- If you want the tops to be a deeper brown, cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from air fryer basket from air fryer. Keep the rolls in the basket and let them continue to stiffen up for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from basket and brush on remaining butter. Serve.
Recipe Adapted From: The Typical Mom