Rhubarb and Peach Crunch
I modified a favorite recipe I found years ago on AllRecipes.com… I made it this past week with some free Rhubarb I got from church (we have a sharing table where people bring their excess produce for anyone to take). PLUS I had some delicious peaches I got from Zaycon for cheap! I decided to throw the peaches in the recipe to see how it would taste. And it was pretty good!
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 peaches, peeled and diced (Cathy’s addition)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter (I only used 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine rhubarb, white sugar, and 3 tablespoons flour. Stir well and spread evenly into baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, oats, and 1 1/2 cups flour. Stir well then cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over rhubarb layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold.