Easy Enchilada Chicken Breast Recipe
Super Easy, Keto, Low Carb, Enchilada Chicken Breast Recipe!
This enchilada chicken breast recipe is a super easy way to change up the flavor of your typical boneless skinless chicken breast – low-carb style. The ingredients are really simple and healthy, and the recipe can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
PS: Looking for chicken enchiladas instead of enchilada chicken breasts? Check out our easy freezer chicken enchiladas recipe!
The only ingredients you need for this recipe are your chicken breasts, a seasoning of your choice, enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, and fresh cilantro.
For the seasoning, a Mexican or Southwest seasoning works really well. I use Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning, which is salt-free but still tastes awesome. You could also try our homemade taco seasoning, I’m sure it would taste great for this recipe!
The enchilada sauce is totally up to you. I prefer mild and green, so that’s what I use. A mild green salsa would also work well and add a little more spice! Of course, there are medium, hot, and red enchilada sauce options out there too.
Step 1. Get Prepped
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and seasoning your chicken.
The best way to season the chicken for this recipe is to measure out 1 teaspoon of the seasoning and sprinkle it evenly over all of the chicken breasts. Then flip the breasts over, measure out 1 more teaspoon, and sprinkle all over again.
Speaking of chicken breasts, it is important that the breasts are not too thick or they will take too long to cook through. I look for about 1 inch thick or less. If the chicken breasts are too thick, then slice them in half lengthwise and you can try to pound them down even thinner if needed.
Step 2. Get Cookin!
You’ll be cooking the chicken breasts in two phases for this recipe: 2-3 minutes/side in a skillet with oil for a nice golden brown texture, and then 6-10 minutes in the oven with the cheese, enchilada sauce, and cilantro to finish things off.
As long as you have an ovenproof skillet, cleanup for this recipe is easy. If you don’t already have an ovenproof skillet, snag a cast iron skillet or the T-fal skillet that I have. Otherwise, transfer the chicken and all the sauce into a baking dish to bake.
One of the beauties of a super simple recipe like this enchilada chicken breast recipe is that you can adapt it however you want. Use less cheese or a different type of cheese, if desired. Use a different sauce or seasoning!
Whatever your heart desires, I’m sure you can come up with something that you will really enjoy!
For side dish ideas, try our lemon parsley rice, a green salad, or even some homemade cornbread. Have other ideas? Comment them below!
Other Recipes You Might Like
We have a ton of great recipes here on Fabulessly Frugal! Below are some additional keto recipes and chicken recipes that you might want to check out. If you want to keep all of your favorite recipes organized in one spot, be sure to check out Prepear!
More Keto Recipes:
More Chicken Recipes:
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Simple Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Easy BBQ Chicken & Black Bean Burritos
Easy Enchilada Chicken Breast Recipe
- Large skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 inch thick or less
- 2 teaspoons Mexican or Southwest seasoning I use this brand
- 4 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 2 ounces finely shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. (If chicken is thicker than 1 inch, slice it in half lengthwise and/or pound it down to be thinner.)
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of the seasoning and sprinkle it evenly over all of the chicken breasts. Then flip the breasts over, measure out 1 more teaspoon, and sprinkle over all again.
- Add oil to a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden brown on each side.
- Remove skillet from heat and top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the enchilada sauce, then 1/4 of the cheese, and 1/4 of the cilantro. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 6-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Recipe Adapted From: Biggest Loser Family Cookbook
Comments & Reviews
What is the calorie count, protein intake, fiber, fat, sugar etc. On this particular dish??
Sorry for the delayed response, Gabby!
If you use what the recipe calls for, the cookbook says…
Per serving: 162 calories, 31 g protein, 1 g carbs, 3 g fat, 71 mg cholesterol, trace fiber, 230 mg sodium