Easy Bacon Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers – Super Easy, and Super Delicious!
These bacon jalapeno poppers are always a big hit and make for a wonderful appetizer recipe! Serve them up for your super bowl party, graduation party, or any other special occasion. Just don’t expect leftovers 😉
You could even serve these alongside dinner as a side dish – that’s how easy they are to make. Just mix up the delicious cheesy bacon stuffing, cut some jalapeno peppers in half, fill ’em up, and bake! They only take around 30 minutes from start to finish.
Oh, and if you’re worried about spice, don’t be! With the seeds removed, these jalapeno poppers are actually not spicy at all. So it’s kinda more like stuffed green peppers, with delicious cheesy bacony goodness. Don’t let the jalapeno part scare you off if you’re not a fan of spicy foods!
Bacon Filled Jalapeno Popper Ingredients
I love sharing jalapeno poppers with my guests because you only need a handful of ingredients to actually make it. For this recipe, you will need:
- Cream cheese
- Sharp cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese (you could try other types of cheese too)
- Green onions
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
Needless to say, this filling is super tasty and flavorful!
Making the Jalapeno Popper Filling
I see a bunch of bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers recipes out there and they look yummy, but I can’t help but wonder if the bacon will all slip off the pepper after one bite. I want mess-free bacon in every bite, baby!
Anyway, I really enjoy bacon and wanted to do something similar, but with more bacon and guaranteed easy eating too. That’s why I love that this recipe includes bite-sized bacon bits right in the jalapeno popper filling. Plus, it is so easy to make bacon in the air fryer.
All you need to do is beat together the cream cheese, cheese, three-quarters of the bacon, green onion, garlic powder, and salt together in a bowl.
Making & Baking the Jalapenos Poppers
Making these jalapeno poppers is so easy. Seriously. You can get a ton of peppers stuffed pretty quickly once you get into the groove of things.
After you spoon that yummy filling into each of your peppers, you then just have to pop them in the oven and wait! Cook for about 12-15 minutes at 350F or 175C in your oven.
If you’re wondering, I lined my baking sheet with a silicone baking mat in the image above, but parchment paper works too.
Tip: Don’t forget to top your poppers with more bacon after they’re done baking 🙂 You can also give them a quick 1-2 minute broil at the end if you’d like.
Can I make jalapeno poppers in the air fryer?
You need to try making these in the air fryer! Already, this recipe is quick and easy. But it will be more delicious and fast if you try making them in the air fryer.
Prepare the peppers like you would for the oven. Then, pop them in your air fryer basket and cook them for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius . Add bacon bites to the top and cook for 1-2 more minutes at 400 F or 200 C.
Remove and enjoy!
Make these easy jalapeno poppers for an appetizer, finger food, Super Bowl, New Year’s Eve, Cinco de Mayo, or any other reason you can come up with!
Note that the yield and how many jalapeno peppers you need will all depend on the size of the peppers.
The number of people served by this recipe will depend on if you are serving other appetizers or foods as well. I entered the serving size as 1 per person, but believe me, you will want to eat more than one. I served 8 people with three different appetizers available and the jalapeno poppers were easily the first to be eaten up and enjoyed.
More Low Carb Keto Recipes:
- Healthy Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Green Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Easy Beef Kebabs Recipe with Balsamic Marinade
More Appetizer Recipes:
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Korean Fried Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Easy Mexican Bites Recipe (Perfect Party Food)
Easy Bacon Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 5 strips bacon cooked and diced
- 9-12 small-medium jalapeno peppers sliced in half length-wise with seeds and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 2 small green onions finely diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, cheese, three-quarters of the bacon, green onion, garlic powder, and salt. Spoon the filling into each jalapeno cavity and arrange filled peppers on baking sheet, filling-side up.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until jalapenos are tender. Sprinkle remaining bacon evenly over the peppers. Broil for 1-2 minutes, if desired. Serve warm.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes at 350 °F. Add bacon bites to the top and cook for 1-2 more minutes at 400 °F . Remove and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: Well Plated