Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Bacon Jalapeno Poppers – low carb, super easy, and super delicious!
These bacon jalapeno poppers are always a big hit and wonderful appetizer recipe! Don’t expect to have any left over and you will probably have several people comment about how delicious they are too. Bacon, cream cheese, and cheese are always an awesome combo!
I see a bunch of bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers recipes out there and they look yummy, but I can’t help but wonder if the bacon will all slip off the pepper after one bite. I want bacon in every bite, baby!
Anyway, I really enjoy bacon and wanted to do something similar, but with more bacon and guaranteed easy eating too. (I use Zaycon bacon, by the way.)
With the seeds removed, the jalapenos are actually not spicy at all. So it’s kinda more like stuffed green peppers, and the stuffing is cheesy and bacon-y and the peppers are small. My point is, don’t let the jalapeno part scare you off if you’re not a fan of spicy foods!
Note that the yield and how many jalapeno peppers you need will all depend on the size of the peppers.
The amount of people served by this recipe will depend on if you are serving other appetizers or foods as well. I entered the serving size as 1 per person, but believe me, you will want to eat more than one. I served 8 people with three different appetizers available and the jalapeno poppers were easily the first to be eaten up and enjoyed.
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our recipe email.
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 9-12 small-medium jalapeno peppers, sliced in half length-wise with seeds and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 2 small green onions, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, cheese, three-quarters of the bacon, green onion, garlic powder, and salt. Spoon the filling into each jalapeno cavity and arrange filled peppers on baking sheet, filling-side up.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until jalapenos are tender. Sprinkle remaining bacon evenly over the peppers. Broil for 1-2 minutes, if desired. Serve warm.
Amount of peppers needed will depend on their size. Servings provided by this recipe will depend on if you are serving other food as well, but believe me, you will want to eat more than one! Peppers may be stuffed up to a day in advance and refrigerated, then bake before serving.
Recipe Adapted From: Well Plated