Baked Zucchini Sticks
Got Zucchini? I know I do...here is a yummy and different way to use it up!
Got Zucchini? Then you need to make these delicious Baked Zucchini Sticks! YUM! All parents know that getting your children to eat vegetables can sometimes be a challenge. My little ones enjoy all of the more common vegetables like peas, green beans, corn, and potatoes, but sometimes getting them to try something new can be like pulling teeth. I have been attempting to get them to try zucchini for a while. Honestly, I didn’t expect it to be such a battle because my girls already love cucumbers. They immediately identified that the zucchini looked quite similar to their beloved cucumbers, but that they were definitely not actually the same thing so they scrunched up their little noses and had no desire to try it. It wasn’t until I got a chance to try this delicious recipe that their tone totally changed. I will admit that I initially told my children they were extra special fries as I pulled them out of the oven because we all know that traditionally children absolutely adore french fries. After allowing them to cool slightly I finally convinced the kids that they should try them. They took their first bites and became fans of this recipe instantly. So much so that they even asked if they could help me make them next time I prepared them because it looked like fun. These are seriously delicious and I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I actually did enjoy them. They really do have the perfect crunch from the Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese that browns up while they bake. My favorite part of them though is the fact that they aren’t mushy at all! That really was one of my biggest fears when I decided to make this recipe because I strongly dislike any type of mushy vegetable. So if you are looking for a crunchy and delicious way to enjoy your zucchini then you have got to give these a try! We can’t wait to hear what you think.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 1/4 pounds | Serves: 4
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 1/4 lbs), cut into 3 inch sticks
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- olive oil spray
- Place the zucchini sticks in a colander over a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Let the zucchini drain for 1 hour.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Blot the zucchini dry with paper towels.
- Dip them in the eggs, roll them in the bread crumb mixture, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the zucchini are on the baking sheet, spray the tops lightly with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then turn the sticks over and bake for 8 more minutes, or until gold brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce for dipping.
1 158.74 7.41 2.31 0.01 84.78 15.49 2.02 4.17 8.4 438.57
Recipe Source: What Megans Making
Sorry, Current deals list is finished.