Mini Dutch Babies (German Pancakes)
Easiest Air Fryer Mini German Pancakes
One of our favorite family breakfasts (or dinner) is German pancakes, so why not make them into Mini Dutch Babies (German cakes) for a fun twist?!
You can eat these as is, topped with whipped cream and fruit, syrup, or dusted with powdered sugar.
But even though they are pancakes, since they are made with a decent amount of eggs, makes these pancakes recipe extra filling.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Mini Dutch Babies (German Pancakes) in the Air Fryer:
- Large eggs
- All-purpose flour 5 ounces
- Silicone muffin liners
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
Why are they called Dutch Babies?
The name comes from a former restaurant that serves mini versions of Dutch pancakes, but the restaurant spelled the name incorrectly.
But, the name stuck and is still used today, even though they are of German origin.
What makes German pancakes so thick?
Since this recipe has a large amount of eggs to the amount of flour, it makes the German pancakes very thick, yet fluffy! They might look dense, but they are a perfectly delicate dinner or breakfast entree.
How to make Mini Dutch Babies (German Pancakes):
Step 1: Combine pancake mixture
Combine in a blender or immersion blender, the milk, and eggs.
Then add in the four and salt. Mix until combined, but do not overmix.
Step 2: Melt the butter
Place little cubes of butter in each silicone muffin liner. Place in the air fryer basket. Run the air fryer for 1-3 minutes at 330 degrees F or 166 degrees C, or until the butter is melted.
Do not let the butter burn.
Step 3: Fill the liners
Pour the pancake batter into each liner until it is about halfway full.
Step 4: Bake the Dutch Babies
Air fry the pancake batter at 330 degrees F or 166 degrees C for 5-7 minutes, or until they are all puffy and the internal temperature is around 200 degrees F or 93 degrees C.
Then simply and carefully remove and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
The best breakfast air fryer recipes
Feeling blocked when it comes to new breakfast recipes? Well, then you need to look at the ones below because not only are they delicious, but they can all be made in the air fryer.
Air fryer breakfast recipes:
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fryer Stuffed Bell Pepper Breakfast
- Mini Breakfast Pizzas
- Air Fryer Toasted Breakfast Bagel
Make these delicious pancakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even dessert. They are so tasty and even very filling.
Plus you can dress them up however you want. What toppings would you use on these fluffy, delicate pancakes?
Perfect breakfast recipes for the air fryer:
- Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
- The Best Overnight Breakfast Casserole in the Air Fryer
- Easy and Simple Air Fryer Breakfast Bomb
- How to Make a Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
- Easy Homemade Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bowl in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Mini Dutch Babies (German Pancakes)
- Silicone liner
- Combine in a blender or immersion blender, the milk and eggs. Then add in the four and salt. Mix until combined, but do not overmix.
- Place little cubes of butter in each silicone muffin liners. Place in the air fryer basket. Run the air fryer for 1-3 minutes at 330 °F, or until the butter is melted. Do not let the butter burn.
- Pour in batter to each liner until it is about half way full.
- Air fry at 330 °F for 5-7 minutes, or until they are all puffy and internal temp is around 200 °F.
- Remove and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!