Air Fryer Lemon Cookies
Our family tends to have quite the sweet tooth, but with these Air Fryer Lemon Cookies, you get the best of both worlds with the sweet and sour flavors.
Plus, there is this delicious lemon icing that you can put on top to send this recipe over the edge into dangerous territory, making these not last long in our house.
They are perfect to take for your next get-together or if you are having brunch with friends. Since they aren’t overly sweet they will be perfect!
You can find even more air fryer desserts on my YouTube channel too!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Lemon Cookies:
- Butter, softened (omit salt if using salted butter)
- Instant lemon pudding mix
- Large egg, room temperature
- 2% milk
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Salt (omit salt if using salted butter)
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Lemon juice
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- Plastic wrap
- Aluminum foil
- Wire rack
- Small mixing bowl
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
Will lemon extract work instead?
If push comes to shove and all you have is lemon extract you can use it. However, I would only use maybe a teaspoon (or less) of it and then use milk to get the consistency you want for the icing.
But the best option would be to use lemon juice for this recipe if you have it.
Why 2% milk?
These icebox cookies are all about the flavor, and flaky layers that are developed. When you use a high fat content milk you will get a richer cookie.
But, if you don’t have 2% milk that is okay, they will still turn out good, it just all depends on personal preference and what you have available to you when you want to make your lemon cookies.
Why does the dough need to be refrigerated?
These cookies are considered a type of icebox cookie, They are a richer dense cookie, When you refrigerate the dough, you allow the butter to set back up and it helps the cookie keep its shape and avoid spreading out.
How to make Air Fryer Lemon Cookies:
Step 1: Cream the mixture
First, in a bowl, cream the butter, pudding mix ,and sugar until light and fluffy.
Once you have the sugar and butter creamed, add in the egg and milk and continue to beat everything together to combine.
Step 2: Add dry ingredients
Now that you have the wet ingredients combined, gradually add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until your dough is completely combined.
Step 3: Refrigerate dough
Lightly flour a surface, divide the dough in half, then shape each half into 6-in-long rolls. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm (Can keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days).
Step 4: Preheat and prepare cookies
When you are ready to make the cookies, preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F or 166 degrees C.
While the air fryer is preheating, unwrap the dough and cut the dough it into 1/2-inch. slices of cookie dough.
Step 5: Bake the cookies
With a foil sling or parchment paper, place the cookies in the air fryer basket. Cook for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies (mine were smaller so they cooked in 4-5 minutes), or until slightly golden. Let the cookies rest in the warm air fryer for 2 minutes.
Remove the lemon cookies from the air fryer and let them cool on a rack.
Step 6: Ice the cookies
In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to reach a drizzling consistency.
Dip the top of the cookies into the icing, put them back on the rack, and let them stand until set completely.
Fun air fryer recipes
You might be shocked by just how much you can make in the air fryer. Maybe even some of your favorites. Take a look below and pick your next air fryer recipe to try.
Tasty air fryer recipes:
- The Best Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- How to Make Soft and Hard Boiled Eggs in an Air Fryer (Simple Instructions)
- Easy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Make the cookies! Make sure to plan ahead since these do need time to be refrigerated, but they are definitely worth the wait.
Also, don’t skimp on the lemon icing for these cookies, they make them even better, and you won’t regret it!
Delicious Lunch and Dinner Recipes to make:
- How to make perfect air fryer chicken breasts
- Crispy and Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Flavorful Sausage, Potato, and Onion in the Air Fryer
- Effortless Air Fryer Hamburgers
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Lemon Cookies
- Large bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Plastic wrap
- Wire Rack
- Whisk or fork
- ⅔ cup Confecioners' sugar
- 2-4 tsp Lemon juice add on tsp of lemon juice until you get the consistency you want.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, pudding mix and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and milk. Beat to combine.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Lightly flour a surface, divide the dough in half, then shape each half into 6-in.-long rolls. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm (Can keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days).
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 °F.
- Unwrap the dough and cut the dough into 1/2-in. slices of cookies.
- With a foil sling or parchment paper, place the cookies in the air fryer basket. Cook for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of cookies (mine were smaller so they cooked in 4-5 minutes), or until slightly golden. Let the cookies rest in the warm air fryer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and cool on a rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to reach a drizzling consistency.
- Dip the top of the cookies into the icing, put back on the rack and let stand until set.
Recipe Adapted From: Taste of Home
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!