Air Fryer Rainbow Roasted Veggies and Chicken
Sometimes it can be hard to get my kids to eat their veggies, but not when I make this Air Fryer Rainbow Roasted Veggie and Chicken recipe.
Since all of the veggies get perfectly seasoned and then cooked to perfection in the air fryer, they actually enjoy the vegetables in this recipe.
Plus, pair them with chicken and you will have some full, happy, and healthy kids.
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful, and with my air fryer dinner recipes you can avoid both!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Rainbow Roasted Veggies and Chicken:
- Chicken breast
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Orange bell pepper
- Yellow squash
- Frozen green broccoli
- Red onion
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper optional
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Olive oil
- Cooked rice (jasmine, white, brown, or cauliflower rice will work!)
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
This recipe is great to make when you need to use up any vegetables that might be expiring soon. Even though I have a list we use for this recipe, it definitely doesn’t mean you need to limit yourself to it.
Feel free to use the ones in the recipe or anything you have on hand. Here are great options:
- Bell pepper
- Sweet potato
- Green beans
- Onion (any kind can work)
The seasoning used in this recipe will work for both the chicken and the veggies. However, you can always change up the seasoning you want to use with this recipe and still use the same cooking method.
Another quick way to season the chicken and veggies is with one of your favorite premix seasonings from the store or the packets.
How to make Air Fryer Rainbow Roasted Veggies and Chicken:
Step 1: Chop chop!
Start by chopping all of the ingredients, besides the tomatoes, into bite sized, 1/2 inch pieces.
Once you have everything cut up, mix all together with the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
Then combine everything together, except the tomatoes, in a large bowl. Making sure all the veggies and chicken are coated in the seasonings.
Step 2: First round of cooking
After all the ingredients are seasoned, place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket and put the basket in the air fryer.
Turn the air fryer on to 380 degrees F or 193 degrees C for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
Step 3: Add tomatoes and continue
While that is cooking, cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
Once the timer is up, add the tomatoes to the vegetables. Then, continue to air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165 degrees F or 74 degrees C and the vegetables are done to your liking.
Now, serve everything on top of rice and enjoy.
More air fryer veggies
The air fryer is a great way to cook vegetables that everyone will enjoy. Not to mention super simple to throw together. So, take a look at more options below!
Air fryer veggie recipes:
- How to Roast Any Vegetable in the Air Fryer
- How to Make the Perfect Easter Vegetable Medley in the Air Fryer
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken and Veggies
- 10 of the Best Vegetables to Make in the Air Fryer
This is a simple dinner recipe that could be made for 1-2 people or the whole family. Plus, the leftovers make a great quick and easy lunch or dinner the next day.
Do you normally have vegetables that go to waste? Well, now you have a great way to avoid that!
Even more tasty air fryer vegetable recipes to make:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Rainbow Roasted Veggies and Chicken
- 2-4 cups Cooked rice of choice optiona
- Chop all the ingredients, besides the tomatoes, into bite sized, 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix together the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine everything together, except the tomatoes, in a large bowl.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380 °F for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes to the vegetables after the 10 minutes of cooking is finished. Air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken reaches temp and vegetables are done to your liking.
- Serve on top of rice. Leftovers make a great quick and easy lunch or dinner the next day.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!