Air Fryer Lasagna Bites
I have a sign in my kitchen that says “I love carbs” because it is true, and this Air Fryer Lasagna Bites recipe just hits the spot when you need a little saucy goodness in your day.
They are not too crazy hard to make, and they are great for either an appetizer or a snack that everyone will love.
You can make these up in advance and store them in the fridge and then when you need one, just pop it in the air fryer, or make them all at once!
You can make even more delicious recipes like this by watching my YouTube channel too!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Lasagna Bites:
- Sheets lasagna pasta
- Ricotta cheese
- Pasta sauce
- Mozzarella cheese sticks
- Salt and Pepper
Can I use oven-ready noodles?
When you are making this recipe, I would suggest NOT using oven-ready noodles. Since this recipe will require you to boil the noodles in advance so that they are pliable.
Aka you will not be making them in the oven surrounded by sauce to cook the noodles.
Other sauce options
There are a couple of ways to change this recipe up a little bit too to keep it even more exciting, or even offer some flavor variations if you want to make it as an appetizer.
Try using different sauces. Here are a few suggestions:
- Try a pasta sauce with different seasonings
- Vodka sauce
- Three cheese sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Pesto sauce
How to make Air Fryer Lasagna Bites:
Step 1: Cook the noodles
Begin by boiling water in a large pot. Salt the water to taste. Then, add the lasagna sheets to the boiling water.
Let cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. (Follow package directions).
When the noodles are done cooking, drain the water. Layer the pasta sheets on a flat surface (like a cookie sheet), and let cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
Step 2: Start the lasagna layers
Now, spray both sides of the pasta with oil. Season the noodles with salt and pepper to taste.
Once the noodles are seasoned, brush 1-2 tbsp of ricotta cheese (enough for a thin layer) onto the lasagna.
Then add a layer of pasta sauce.
Step 3: Create the lasagna roll
After the sauce has been added to the noodles, cut the mozzarella cheese sticks in half.
Add 1/2 of a cheese stick to one end of the pasta. Roll the pasta over the cheese sticks.
Because you are using the full length of the pasta sheet, you can wrap it 2-3 times around the cheese stick.
Step 4: Bake the lasagna
Place in the air fryer basket, seam side down. Air fry at 370 degrees F or 188 degrees C for 6 minutes.
Flip the pasta bites and air fry for an additional 4 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Then just remove the lasagna bites and enjoy!
Fall air fryer recipes
Not that I want to wish the summer away, but I keep seeing the pumpkin spice everything in the grocery stores these days and it has me dreaming about all the delicious fall recipes. Here are just a few of them!
My favorite fall air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Air Fryer Apple Cobbler
- One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies for the Air Fryer or Oven
- Tasty 3-Ingredient Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- The Best Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
This is not your average lasagna recipe. It is great for a snack and to serve a crowd as an appetizer. You will more than satisfy the need for pasta with just one of these tasty lasagna bites.
Plus, it is very simple to make up so it is perfect if you are newer to using the air fryer too!
The best family favorite air fryer meals to make:
- How To Cook Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- Halloween Meatloaf Zombie Recipe
- Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Dinner Recipe
- Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Lasagna Bites
- Large pot
- Oil sprayer
- Boil water in a large pot. Salt the water to taste. Add the lasagna sheets. Let cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. (Follow package directions).
- Drain the water. Layer the pasta sheets on a flat surface (like a cookie sheet), and let cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Spray both sides of the pasta with oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush on 1-2 tbsp of ricotta cheese (enough for a thin layer) onto the lasagna. Then add a layer of pasta sauce.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese sticks in half.
- Add 1/2 of a cheese stick to one end of the pasta. Roll the pasta over the cheese sticks. Because you are using the full length of the pasta sheet, you can wrap it 2-3 times around the cheese stick.
- Place in the air fryer basket, seam side down. Air fry at 370 °F for 6 minutes. Flip the pasta bites and air fry for an additional 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: @nick.digiovanni
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!