Honey Teriyaki Chicken Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipe – 5 Weight Watchers Points
Slow Cooker OR Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
I’ve found it for you! A healthy, easy, and delicious chicken recipe. Even better, this teriyaki chicken is made in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker, so it is super easy! It is one of our favorite chicken instant pot recipes. It is also one of 30 healthy pressure cooker recipes that we love! If you’re doing the Weight Watchers program, this recipe comes in at five freestyle points!
Easy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
No bottled teriyaki sauce here, folks. Sure, that would be easy, but this homemade teriyaki sauce isn’t hard to make and it is a much better choice if you’re interested in reducing refined sugars and preservatives in your food.
Bonus tip: to be extra healthy, serve with brown rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa.
This is one of the first recipes I tried in the Instant Pot. It had me at hello! 😀 This instant pot recipe is a breeze to put together and speeds up getting dinner on the table. I only had to cook the chicken for about 15 minutes. And it is cool that you can just thicken up the sauce really quick in there too.
Sometimes (or a lot of times) my dinner planning skills are just not up to par and I end up looking for something quick and easy that I can throw together at the last hour. Of course, the Instant Pot is perfect for those kinds of days. Am I right or am I right!?
How Much Chicken Does this Recipe Make?
When I use 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, I end up with about 8 cups of shredded teriyaki chicken with this recipe. Hope that helps to give you an idea of how much you’ll end up with!
If I have a lot of leftovers, I’ll portion and bag it up then throw it in the FREEZER for another night. PERFECT!
I have the Instant Pot 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart. Last time it went on sale, I snagged one for myself and am loving it! You can see if there are any instant pot deals on our online deals database!
This is an easy, family-friendly and healthy recipe. Give it a try! I hope you love it too! And if you need it to be gluten-free, just use a gluten-free soy sauce.
PS – If you’re looking for an easy way to plan meals in the future, check out Prepear!
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Chicken Bacon & Ranch Mac N’ Cheese
- Best Slow Cooker BBQ Spare Ribs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Meatballs Recipe – 6 Weight Watchers Points
- Healthy Honey Sesame Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe – 7 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points
- Healthy No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe – 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points
- 34 Weight Watchers Recipes Under 12 Points!
See more of our recipes by subscribing to our weekly recipe email!
Honey Teriyaki Chicken Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipe - 5 Weight Watchers Points
- Slow Cooker
- Pressure Cooker
- 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- optional garnish: chopped green onions, sesame seeds
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, or use a slow cooker liner. Place the raw chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, onion, minced garlic, pepper, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Once chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk it into the sauce and heat on high until the sauce begins to thicken, while continuing to stir or whisk. (You can thicken the sauce in a saucepan on the stove top at medium high heat, if that works better for you.)
- Place the shredded chicken back into the pot with the sauce and stir to coat. Serve over rice and garnish, if desired.
- Spray the inside of the Instant Pot inner pot with nonstick cooking spray. Place the raw chicken breasts into the pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, onion, crushed garlic, pepper, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high pressure for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Once chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred. (I usually do a quick pressure release, but natural release is ideal.)
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk it into the sauce and use the Saute setting, continuing to whisk. Cook for a few minutes while the sauce begins to boil and thicken.
- Turn off the pot. Place the shredded chicken back in with the sauce and stir to coat. Serve over rice and garnish, if desired.
Recipe Adapted From: The Recipe Critic