Air Fryer Apples
Healthy Air Fryer Dessert
Dessert doesn’t have to be filled with sugar and chocolate (even though those are great too!) this Air Fryer Apples recipe is such a refreshing dessert to serve the whole family.
You only need a few simple ingredients, and you can make a tasty dessert that goes well with a quick dinner.
This apple recipe can also be a great snack to serve after school for the kids to keep things on the healthier side.
Find even more healthy recipes on our website too! Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring or complicated. Give them a try!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make this Air Fryer Apples Recipe:
- Apples peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices or cubes
- Pure maple syrup
- Grated orange zest
- Oil (avocado)
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
What can I add to air fryer apples?
This recipe is super delicious as it is, however, you can always add things to make it suit your preferences and tastebuds.
Here are a few options:
- Add in some oatmeal before you cook the apples
- Top the apples with granola
- Sprinkle in simple pumpkin pie spice
- Drizzle with honey
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce
- Top it with whipped cream
- Add in chopped pecans
Can I use something besides apples?
This recipe would work great for ripe chopped peaches too! However, I wouldn’t suggest it for any of the other berries you usually would use in a pie.
How to make this Air Fryer Apples Recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer at 370 degrees F or 188 degrees C for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cut apples
While the air fryer is preheating, peel the apples cut them into bite-sized pieces, and place them in a small bowl.
Step 3: Make the seasoning
Then in a separate small bowl, add 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp orange zest, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp salt.
Then, stir everything together until it is well combined.
Step 4: Combine the apples and seasoning
Mix the apples into the seasoning until they are fully covered with the tasty spices.
Then, place the apples in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Step 5: Bake the apples
After the apples are situated in the air fryer basket, air fry them at 370 degrees F or 188 degrees C for 12 minutes, stirring halfway. Add more time as needed until the apples are tender and crispy to your liking.
Then, carefully remove the apples from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Easy air fryer desserts
The air fryer is a great way to make a tasty dessert, and fast! They can be simple and delicious and done in the air fryer while you are making everything else.
Decadent desserts to make:
- 2 Ingredient Lava Cakes
- How to Make a Dessert Foldover in the Air Fryer (TikTok Inspired Recipe)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Gooey Mini S’mores Pies in the Air Fryer
This is a tasty way to get in fruit for the kids where they will devour it and enjoy it without complaining. Plus it is easy to whip up and have ready when you are craving something sweet but want to try and still eat healthier.
What would you top your air fryer apples with?
Dinner recipes to pair with this healthy air fryer dessert recipe:
- Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Dinner Recipe
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Dinner
- Steak Hash in the Air Fryer
- Everything But the Bagel Salmon
- One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies for the Air Fryer or Oven
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Make Perfect Chicken Street Tacos! (Easy Dinner Idea + VIDEO)
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Apples
- Preheat the air fryer at 370 °F for 5 minutes.
- Slice or Cube the apples. Add to a small bowl.
- In a seperate small bowl, add 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp orange zest, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the seasoning mixture to the apples. Stir to coat evenly.
- Place the applies in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 370 °F for 12 minutes, stirring halfway. Add more time as needed until apples are tender and crispy to your liking.
- Remove and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: EatingWell
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!