Perks of Prime
Amazon Raised Their Shipping Threshold to $49!
Did you notice that Amazon recently changed the threshold at which you get free shipping from $35 to $49? This $14 change is a big difference! You can save a TON of money every month by using Amazon’s Free 2 Day Shipping with your Amazon Prime Account!
We love Amazon Prime!
I admit that at first I was unsure about Prime – I thought it might be too expensive for me. BUT now I know it is totally and completely worth it for my family and I really do love it. With everything Prime offers, I actually feel like it is a great deal! I have been a member for a few years now and I recommend it to anyone that shops online. It is so much more than just a great way to shop online though…
The Perks of Amazon Prime
- Free Two-Day Shipping on thousands of different items from Amazon.com! I use this benefit a lot – love the fast, FREE shipping! No minimum purchase required and no limit on the number of orders you can place. Just look for the “Prime” logo with a check mark to see if the item is eligible.
- With the recent rise in the free shipping threshold (it went from $35-$49), it’s stopped being “no big deal” to meet the free shipping requirements. And paying to ship packages from Amazon can range from a couple of dollars to ten or more.
- Need it even faster? Prime members can upgrade to one-day shipping on items from Amazon for cheap! This is an awesome little perk for those times when there is an online purchase that you just need ASAP. I try to plan ahead to avoid it, but upgrading costs as low as $3.99 per item – a lot lower than you would find anywhere else for such urgent shipping.
- Early access to lightning deals. Prime members can purchase select lightning deals 30 minutes earlier than other shoppers. This is especially handy during Black Friday and Christmas shopping when those hot deals come along. You also get access to MyHabit.com designer deals 30 minutes before other customers.
- Amazon Cloud Drive for Prime members is a unlimited, free online storage for photos and an additional 5GB for videos and files. Automatic photo backup and easy access from your phone, tablet, or computer! It is like having a virtual album of all of your photos!
- Prime Music offers unlimited, ad-free music with over a million songs and hundreds of playlists. Stream away!
- Watch unlimited movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video. There are thousands to choose from! Stream them on your TV, laptop, tablet, Fire TV, and more. You can download Prime movies and shows in order to watch them offline too! This is the first and only streaming service that allows downloads!
- The Kindle Owner’s Lending Library includes over 800,000 free eBooks for Prime members to check out. There is quite the variety, including New York Times best sellers! Borrow one book a month for free and read it on any Kindle device. No due dates! You have to check it out and read it using a Kindle attached to your Prime account, you can’t use another app to get them.
- You also get to choose 1 free eBook each month with the Kindle First program, and these can be read on any device using the free Kindle reading app.
- Prime members are also offered exclusive coupons and deals. If you have little ones in your life, you will definitely want to sign up for Amazon Mom (only for Prime members) for deals on diapers, baby wipes, member-exclusive Amazon coupons, 15% off baby registry items, and more. Amazon Mom is free with Prime!
- You can create an Amazon Prime Household, which allows you to share Amazon content in a Family Library and Prime benefits with another adult in your household and up to four children.
Do you see why it is so much more than just free shipping or free movie streaming?! Amazon Prime is $99 per year, which breaks down to $8.25 per month. It includes all the digital perks your heart desires – eBooks, music, movies and TV, photo storage, online shopping, and more!
If you currently pay for online storage, music streaming, or movie and TV streaming – are you paying more than $8.25 per month for it all? Would you love fast, free shipping on Amazon.com? Seriously consider giving Amazon Prime a try. I am glad that I did. If you haven’t already, you can try it FREE for 30 days! (If you want to count the free 30-trial as part of the Prime cost, it would be $99 for 13 months, which is $7.61 per month for the first year.) 😉
Already a Prime member? Make sure you are taking advantage of ALL of your Prime benefits here.
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.