Oven Baked Tacos Recipe
Easy Oven Baked Tacos
These oven baked tacos are perfect for Game Day or Cinco de Mayo, but they are also a wonderful, fast, and easy dinner idea for any day! If you haven’t tried baked tacos before, you’ll want to save this recipe and give them a try real soon.
Oven Baked Taco Ingredients:
These oven tacos are not just your basic tacos. I mean, yeah, you could just throw in some ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, and call it good. But adding the refried beans, tomato sauce, and the seasoning to the meat really takes it up a notch.
By the way, I love using this homemade taco seasoning – easy, fast, and inexpensive.
Extra Cheese? Yes Please.
I like my tacos cheesy, so I couldn’t resist adding some cheese to the bottom of the shells and on top of the meat too. Cheese in every bite is the goal. 😉 And I love that the cheese is warm and melted after the tacos are baked! Totally better than the standard cold taco.
This Baked Tacos Recipe is So Easy
Once the baked tacos are all assembled, you throw them in the oven for about 10 minutes. This easy meal can be ready in 30 minutes or less!
Even better, double the recipe for the meat mixture and save half of it as a freezer meal. Viola! An even faster pan of tacos for next time! Thaw the mixture in a skillet on the stove top – add a little bit of water to loosen it up, if needed. Then prepare the baked tacos from there, as instructed in the recipe.
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Tacos are very versatile, so you can change it up to fit your preferences or your favorite recipe, but I am really loving the oven-baked aspect. My whole family loves them!
Topping ideas: shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, green onions, avocado, olives, etc.
More 30-Minute Meals:
- Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Homemade Manwich Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Quick Keto Chicken Recipe with Bacon and Ranch
- Freezer Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (So Easy)
- Low Carb Mexican Skillet Dinner Recipe
Oven Baked Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces refried beans
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning 1/2 ounce
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- 12 to 14 crunchy taco shells
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef, until cooked through. Drain any excess fat. Add the refried beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning to the meat; stir to combine. Evenly distribute about 1 cup of shredded cheese into the bottoms of the taco shells. Spoon the beef mixture over the cheese in each shell.
- Place the filled shells into a 9x13 baking dish. (If you have trouble keeping the taco shells upright, you can ball up a small amounts of foil and use them between every other taco for support.) Then top with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with diced fresh tomato, lettuce, green onions, sour cream, salsa, or whatever else you like on your tacos!
Recipe Adapted From: Lynn's Kitchen Adventures