Loaded Oreo M&M Cookie Bars Recipe
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
These M&M cookie bars are an especially fun treat for kids! My kids love the bright colors of the M&M’s and can’t resist these candy – and cookie – filled bars. Of course, plenty of adults can’t resist them either. That’s why they’re a great treat to bring to parties!
To make these loaded cookie bars you can pretty much take your favorite blondies recipe and add whatever cookies and candies you have around the house for a fun treat! I tried a few different recipes and decided that this particular blondies recipe has a great flavor and texture.
Instead of Oreo cookies and M&M’s, you can try adding chopped nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, pretzels, chopped candy bars, or whatever other sweets you love and have hanging out in the cupboards. Have some fun with it!
If you have a large microwave-safe bowl, you can melt the butter in the microwave while it is already in the mixing bowl. Save yourself a dirty dish when you can, right?
Tips for Adding Crushed Oreos
I use a gallon-size resealable bag and a rolling pin to coarsely crush the Oreo cookies. I like keeping most of the Oreo cookies in big chunks for some extra texture and variance in the blondies batter. Use a rubber spatula to fold the additions into the batter and avoid over-mixing.
Finishing Up Your M&M Cookie Bars
Spread the batter into a foil-lined and sprayed pan, then sprinkle the candies evenly all over the top. I was pretty generous with my M&M’s as you can see from the photo above!
When making cookie bars and more, a foil-lined pan is awesome because the foil sling allows for easy removal from the pan. Once removed, it is super easy to cut the cookies into bars.
I actually happen to have a 14″ rocker-style pizza cutter that makes cutting cookie bars even easier and faster. Who knew it would be so handy!
More of my favorite bar recipes:
- Blueberry Sour Cream Bars
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Key Lime Bars
- Orange Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Date Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- S’mores Cookie Bars
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Loaded Oreo M&M Cookie Bars Recipe
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (10.5 ounces) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (or 2 cups other mix-in)
- 1 cup M&M's (or small pieces of other candy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish or pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter in the microwave until melted.
- Remove from microwave and whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
- Then add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined; don't overmix.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the crushed Oreo cookies (or about 2 cups of other crushed cookies or candy).
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula.
- Sprinkle the M&M's (or other small pieces of candy) over the top evenly and lightly press them down into the surface of the batter.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until the top is firm, cracked, and golden.
- Baking times may vary depending on the mix-ins and the type of pan.
- A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean or have moist crumbs attached, but not gooey batter. Transfer pan to a cooling rack and allow bars to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Then remove the bars from the pan (by lifting the foil out), cut them into bars, and serve.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for a few months.