Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa and Beans
Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa and Beans is such a tasty recipe that is so simple to make and super filling.
This recipe feels like you’re eating something so delicious and unhealthy, but in reality, it is actually pretty healthy but still has a lot of flavor.
Plus, you can make this into an appetizer or a meal depending on portion size and everyone will enjoy it you can even watch how to make it on my YouTube channel.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa and Beans:
- Sweet potatoes (or russet potatoes)
- Fresh salsa
- Ripe avocado, sliced
- Pinto beans, rinsed, warmed, and lightly mashed
What type of potato to use
This recipe works great with a sweet potato but you can also use a russet potato to make it more like a baked potato.
However, I love the health aspects you get from the sweet potato and it adds a lot of great flavor.
Topping to use for this sweet potato recipe
When you build this sweet potato for your family you can use whatever toppings you like, but here are a few of my favorites to top this potato recipe with:
- Ripe avocado
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green onion
- Chopped jalapenos
How to make Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa and Beans:
Step 1: Prepare and cook potatoes
Begin by washing your potatoes. Then, pierce them with a fork all over.
Now, place the potatoes in the microwave to parboil and cook them for about 5-7 minutes, or until the potatoes are hot, but not all the way cooked.
Step 2: Air fry the potatoes
Once they are done in the microwave, spray the potatoes with oil and lightly salt.
Next, place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C for 10-20 minutes. Time depends on the size of your potato and how cook you like inside.
Step 3: Prepare the beans
Warm the pinto beans to mash them with either the microwave or the stovetop. If using the microwave, heat on 50% power for about 1 1/2 minutes.
Step 4: Add the toppings
Carefully cut open the sweet potato down the middle and top with your favorite salsa, avocado, and beans. Serve warm and enjoy!
Dinner for the family
Dinner can get boring especially when you are trying to find a simple recipe that you think your family with like. But, with these recipes, you will not be bored.
Super simple recipe to make for dinner:
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- The Easiest Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Make Perfect Chicken Street Tacos
If you feel like you are in a rut for dinner, this is a great meal to bump it up and keep the flavors lively for dinner.
Plus, this recipe is actually pretty simple to pull together in a little amount of time. What type of toppings would you pair with this?
For those sweet cravings:
- Easiest Air Fryer Fried Oreos
- Air Fryer Dessert Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Cream Cheese Chimichangas
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa and Beans
- Oil sprayer
- Wash your potatoes. Pierce with a fork. Place in the microwave to parboil cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the potatoes are hot, but not all the way cooked.
- Spray the potatoes with oil and lightly salt. Place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 °F for 10-20 minutes. Time depends on the size of your potato and how cook you like the inside.
- Warm the pinto beans to mash them. You can do this on the stovetop or the microwave. If using the microwave, heat on 50% power for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cut the potato open and top with your favorite salsa, avocado, beans. Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: Eating Well
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!