Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Stop what you’re doing and add this sweet potato casserole to your holiday meal plan! It’s seriously that good.
The Best Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Ever
Sweet potato casserole is a classic holiday dish. It may even be your favorite! There are a lot of different ways to make it too, but this is hands down the best sweet potato casserole recipe EVER. Try it and we bet you’ll agree!
I made this dish for a family gathering of about 30 people. I only made one pan because I knew of several who weren’t fans of “sweet potatoes”. Well, they have never had this. It was passed around the table and was pretty much gone by the time I got it. By that time some of the little ones were already asking for seconds!
So if you want to have the most popular dish at all of your family gatherings, you’ve got to try this sweet potato casserole. The marshmallows, pecans and the sugar really come together to create the perfect, delicious topping.
One of the reasons this recipe is so tasty is because it’s been a long time work in progress. I’ve combined a few recipes over the years and found a perfect balance. Yummy! Thanksgiving is not Thanksgiving without the sweet potatoes and this sweet potato casserole is the best I have ever had. Make it. You can thank me later.
The Best Thing About This Sweet Potato Casserole
What I love most about this sweet potato casserole recipe is that it is so easy to throw together! You probably have everything on hand already (except for sweet potatoes, pecans, and marshmallows) which is super convenient. On top of that, this recipe only takes about 15-minutes of prep. How great is that?
After you get the ingredients put together simply pop it in the oven for 30-minutes and you’re good to go. If you wanted to, you could even prep this recipe the night before, leave it in the fridge, and then bake it the next day.
Speaking of keeping things in the fridge, this sweet potato casserole makes for some great leftovers. However, you’ll be lucky to even have any actually left over because it will probably all get eaten!
Let Us Know What You Think!
If you end up trying this sweet potato casserole recipe, let us know how you like it! Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Enjoy!
More Side Dish Ideas
- Homemade Cream Corn Recipe (Easy & Delicious!)
- Easy Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Lemon Herb Potato Salad Recipe
- Green Salad Recipe with Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing
- Melting Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Bacon Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Save Money, Save Time, and Shop Online!
Black Friday Deals are going NOW! Check out our favorite deals here —> https://fabulesslyfrugal.com/black-friday/
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups sweet potato cubed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C
- Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover.
- Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows.
- In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the marshmallows.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.