Rotel Crock Pot Chicken
Slow cooker Rotel chicken recipe
This chicken Rotel recipe is easy and delicious! Basically throw it all in the Crock-Pot or slow cooker and let it cook. A great taco seasoned chicken for tacos, salads, nachos, etc. Even better in tacos when you add the avocado black bean spread and shredded cheese. Yum! Check out these other Rotel recipes.
I have no idea where I got this recipe, so I’m not sure who to credit it to. Might have been from a friend years ago, or from an old cookbook. Regardless, I’m so happy this recipe has stayed with me.
I almost always use this homemade taco seasoning recipe now. It is really easy to whip up and I feel like it is a bit healthier than the store-bought packets, but still delicious. Either way you go with the taco seasoning, this chicken Rotel recipe is going to be delicious.
It may seem like there is a lot of liquid in the slow cooker at first, but once you get the chicken shredded the broth gets soaked up and distributed over all of the Rotel chicken pieces.
Cooking with a slow cooker is nice when you make time to prep in the morning and can just let it cook all day. So easy. Can this be made in an Instant Pot? I haven’t tried it yet, but I think there’s a good chance it would work with a little more broth added. Or you can check out this tried and true Instant Pot Mexican shredded chicken recipe.
Slow Cooker Tip:
I love using a slow cooker liner when I cook in my slow cooker to make clean up even easier. I’ve used both Reynolds and PanSaver brands with success.
Mashed black beans and avocado may seem weird, but it’s almost like an easy guacamole spread or just like having avocado and black beans added to your taco. They just happen to be mashed and mixed together, which actually makes it even easier to eat. 😉
What is Rotel?
In case you’re wondering, Rotel is a brand of canned diced tomatoes that includes green chilies and spices.
More Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Honey-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- White Chicken Chili Recipe (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
- 50+ Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
- 20 Decadent Slow Cooker Desserts
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our recipe email.
Rotel Crock Pot Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (can use water as substitute)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning)
- soft corn tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 1 can black beans
- shredded Colby jack cheese
- sour cream
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix Rotel, chicken broth & taco seasoning together, then pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken, then mix with the remaining Rotel/broth mixture from slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Warm the beans, if desired. Mash them with a fork, leaving mixture chunky.
- Scoop out contents of avocados and mash, leaving mixture chunky.
- Mix mashed beans & mashed avocado together. Spread mixture evenly on warm tortillas (warm tortillas in pan on stove over med-low heat). Sprinkle with cheese. Add a scoop of chicken mixture and a dollop of sour cream.
- Roll and enjoy!