Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork is easy and delicious!
This BBQ pulled pork recipe is definitely one of the best! Way better than just cooking pork and topping it with your favorite BBQ sauce, though it is almost just as easy. Adding the simple spice rub really takes the flavor to a whole new level! Enjoy this BBQ pulled pork as a fun summer meal to feed a crowd. Feeding a smaller group? Freeze the leftovers for another day.
Simple spices, but they really make a difference and enhance the flavor of this pulled pork recipe. The smoked paprika adds a nice, smokey flavor, almost like you slow-cooked the pork out in a smoker!
I usually use a boneless pork sirloin tip roast for this recipe because it comes in a 4-pack from Costco and I use them for Balsamic Glazed Pork Roast too. A boneless pork shoulder roast will work as well. Basically any boneless pork roast will do, but the texture and tenderness will vary depending on the cut.
The original recipe calls for the roast to be cut into 2-inch cubes, but I don’t want the hassle of all the small pieces, so I just quarter the roast. Feel free to cut your roast into quarters, eighths, or cubes. Cutting it into chunks will help it to cook more evenly and quickly.
This Instant Pot pork shreds so easily, it basically just falls apart. Love it. If your pork does not shred easily, put it back in Instant Pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our recipe email.
What’s your favorite BBQ sauce? We like Sweet Baby Ray’s Original around here. I have an awesome copycat recipe for it if you want to make your own – Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Copycat Recipe!
Check out these side dish recipe ideas:
- Lemon Herb Potato Salad
- Grilled Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
- Berry Quinoa Salad
- Caramel Apple Snickers Salad
- Crockpot BBQ Baked Beans
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Pea Salad
- Cookie & Fruit Salad
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 to 4 pound boneless pork roast, cut into quarters or cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (plus, about 1 cup more for serving)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the smoked paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, pepper, ground mustard, and Kosher salt. Add the pork pieces and toss until evenly coated with the spice rub. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Add the oil to your Instant Pot and set to "Saute." When the oil is hot, add a single layer of pork pieces and brown them on all sides. Repeat with remaining pieces of pork, if needed, until all of the pork is seared/browned. Careful, don't let the drippings in the pot burn!
- Place the browned pork, chicken broth, and 1 cup of BBQ sauce into the Instant Pot. Cook on manual setting, high pressure for 60 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally when cooking time is finished.
- Remove just the pork from the pot and shred. If pork does not shred easily, put it back in Instant Pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, set pot to "Saute" and let sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and reduced by at least half.
- Once sauce has reduced, skim fat off the top, if needed. Add shredded pork back into sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with sandwich/hamburger buns, if desired, and top shredded pork with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Recipe Adapted From: Gimme Some Oven