Zucchini & Bacon Gouda Quiche Recipe
Bacon Quiche with Gouda Cheese & Zucchini
Quiche has made a come-back! Believe me, no one is happier about this than me. My mother fixed it for special occasion brunches and had a real gift for making it very French. She threw anything and everything into it, and it was always delicious.
This bacon quiche with gouda and zucchini is very tasty, and if you grow fresh zucchini in your garden it’s a wonderful way to enjoy it.
Begin by preparing a 9″ unbaked pie crust (you could also try a homemade pie crust). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a frying pan, cook, drain, cool and crumble bacon.
Slice half of your zucchini into thin slices and set aside for topping. Shred 2 cups of zucchini. I like to line a bowl with paper towels and then add the shredded zucchini. I cover the top with another paper towel and press it down, blotting excess moisture from the squash.
Prepare the leeks by cutting off the root ends and tender white to light green tops from the tough green stems. Wash them well and then slice them in half lengthwise. Now thinly slice them across. Discard the bacon grease from your frying pan, and over medium heat saute the leeks with bacon drippings until they are slightly caramelized.
Creating the Quiche Filling
Shred Gouda cheese. Set aside 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top. Whisk eggs, half and half, ground mustard, salt, and garlic powder together. Now add bacon, shredded zucchini, leeks and cheese to the mixture. Combine well.
Topping it All Off
Pour the bacon quiche filling into unbaked pie shell and smooth. Top with zucchini slices, remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake your bacon quiche 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. Watch it carefully and if the crust is getting too brown, lightly cover it with a piece of foil. Remember that oven temperatures tend to vary.
Finished Bacon Quiche
The crust of your quiche should be golden brown and the filling should be set. Remove your bacon gouda quiche from the oven and cool on a rack for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serves 6 to 8.
Enjoy Your Zucchini Filled Bacon Gouda Quiche
If you really love this zucchini bacon gouda quiche recipe, you’re in luck because it’s super easy to double! Make some extra and share it with someone special.
Bon appetite friends. Please share your thoughts on this recipe in the comments below! Hope you enjoy it as I do.
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Our Favorite Zucchini Recipes
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Egg & Sausage Breakfast Bake Recipe
- Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our recipe email.
Zucchini & Bacon Gouda Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie shell, (9-inch)
- 1/2 of a zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1-1/2 leeks,(only the white part)
- 2-1/4 cups Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9-inch unbaked pie crust.
- Slice and shred zucchini, and set slices aside for topping. In a fry pan, cook bacon till crisp. Cool and crumble. Wash and thinly slice the tender white part of the leeks, after discarding the tough green tops. Drain bacon grease from pan. Over medium heat, saute leeks in remaining bacon fat, till slightly caramelized. Shred Gouda cheese and set 1/4 cup aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, salt, ground mustard, and garlic powder together. Add shredded zucchini, bacon, leeks, and 2 cups of cheese, and combine well. Pour into prepared pie shell. Top with slices of zucchini, remaining Gouda cheese and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes. Watch carefully and if the crust is getting too brown, loosely cover with a sheet of foil. When finished baking the crust should be golden brown and the filling should be set. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.