Easy Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo!
This easy chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe is quick to make and simple to clean up as the entire recipe can be done in your pressure cooker! It will take just about 30 minutes to make. EASY PEASY!
I love how simple the ingredients are in this instant pot chicken alfredo recipe. They’re all common, inexpensive ingredients, and most of them you’ll probably already have on hand. Even better, it’s so awesome to make your pasta, the sauce AND the chicken in ONE POT, all at the same time!
If you’re in a pinch (or you want to be more healthy), you can make this easy homemade fat-free chicken broth! Also, feel free to omit the chicken in this recipe if you just want to make fettuccine alfredo.
Your first step is to get the chicken cooked up right in your instant pot. Note that you aren’t cooking this very long, so this is not a good dish to use frozen chicken breasts on… unless you cook them for a bit first.
Turn on the saute high setting and add some EVOO to the pot. Season the chicken and place it in the instant pot to sear both sides until they are golden brown. Then set the chicken aside for now (don’t worry, you’re not cooking it during this step).
See all the yummy goodness on the bottom of the instant pot? Leave it there for now.
Pour in your chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot to remove those little bits of chicken. They’ll add some yummy flavor to your meal!
Stir in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chicken.
Next, just break your pasta in half and layer the noodles in about 4 different layers, alternating directions. If you prefer, you can put your chicken on TOP of the pasta, so it’s easier to pull out after cooking.
Pop the lid on, close the valve to sealing, and set the instant pot to cook on high for 7 minutes.
That’s IT! YES, it’s really THAT EASY!
Depending on how long your instant pot was on the saute mode, it may take a little time for your instant pot to reach max pressure before it starts cooking. Luckily, the saute mode helps pre-heat the instant pot, so you really shouldn’t have too long to wait!
Quick release the pressure cooker when it’s done… note that if you let it do the slow release, it could start burning the sauce on the bottom, so don’t wait too long to get this out of the pot!
If the cream mixture starts spitting out of the pressure valve, upon release, lightly cover the valve with a towel to catch the spray.
Final Steps of Prep:
Use some tongs to pull the chicken out of the instant pot.
Then chop up your chicken (should be fairly tender and cooked thru at this point).
You may notice that the sauce looks more soupy at this point. Don’t worry, it will thicken!
Add the chicken back into the pot and then throw in some fresh grated parmesan cheese. To thicken things up even more, you can add in 4 oz of cream cheese. Just cut it up and stir it in!
You can keep the instant pot on the warm setting, and the sauce will thicken and the noodles will soften a little more.
Garnish with some extra parmesan and even some fresh chopped parsley for a pop of color. Serve with some steamed broccoli mixed in or on the side!
They’ll think you slaved away all day on this one! But instead, you threw it all in the pot and let the magic happen!
Can You Freeze Fettuccine Alfredo?
Although we LOVE freezer meals, this isn’t a recipe we recommend freezing. Cooked pasta is just one of those foods that don’t freeze well and if you try, you’ll most likely end up with a not-so-appetizing mushy mess.
That being said, this recipe is a great one to double for leftovers (although you’d need the 8 quart instant pot to fit everything in).
What to Serve with Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
This meal is already pretty packed with protein and carbs so I recommend serving it with a simple side of veggies.
If you try this chicken alfredo recipe, let us know what you think! We love to hear your feedback on our recipes.
PS: if you really like this recipe, you might also want to try our SUPER POPULAR Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe. Super tasty and easy to make!
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- 30 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes You Need to Try
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- 18 Simple Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
- Simple Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast (about 1.5 pounds)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 quart chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine (16 oz box)
- 8 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- 4 oz cream cheese (optional)
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Turn the instant pot to the saute high setting and add olive oil to pot
- Season chicken with the salt and pepper to taste
- Sear both sides until they are golden brown
- Place the chicken onto a plate and set it aside
- Add chicken stock to the pot and use a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any brown bits stuck to the bottom
- Stir in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Break the fettuccine in half and layer it crosswise in about 4 layers.
- Add the chicken over the pasta and place the lid on and set the valve to seal.
- Turn the instant pot to pressure cook at high pressure for 7 minutes
- When cooking is complete, quick release the pressure (note, if you let it natural release too long the sauce will start to burn on the bottom)
- Remove the chicken breast, slice it up and toss back into the pasta
- Slowly stir parmesan cheese into the pasta
- If desired, cut up 4 oz of cream cheese and stir into pasta. Give it a few minutes to melt into the mixture.
- Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and chopped parsley if desired
If sauce start spraying out of the pressure cooker during quick release, loosely cover the valve with a towel to prevent it from spraying everywhere.
Sauce will look more soupy initially, but the pasta will absorb the liquid and adding the cheese will also thicken it up.