Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
This is not your Mom’s pork chop recipe, it is even better since you can make it in the air fryer in less than
You can make this creamy mushroom sauce from scratch without having to purchase cream of mushroom soup.
Not only will you have a delicious creamy mushroom sauce that you will love, but this recipe also gives you the best way to make an easy protein recipe with pork chops.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make this Creamy Mushroom Pork in the Air Fryer:
- Pork chops, boneless – depending on size and how many you are cooking for. The sauce makes enough for about four pork chops
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Fresh cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
For the mushroom sauce
- Brown mushrooms (cremini mushrooms)
- Cloves garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth (or beef broth)
- Salt and Pepper
Bone-in pork chops vs. Boneless pork chops
When you are making this recipe we generally stick to boneless pork chops for this recipe.
If you prefer using bone-in pork chops they will work just fine for this pork chop recipe, however, it might increase the cooking time a bit from having the bone inside.
So make sure you keep an eye on the internal temperature to make sure that the meat is cooked all the way through.
This spice rub will provide delicious flavor if you want to use it on a pork tenderloin for another loins recipe.
Fresh or frozen mushrooms
For this recipe for the creamy mushroom sauce recipe, you can use either fresh or frozen mushrooms.
However, make sure to cook frozen mushrooms down enough in the skillet as this recipe gives instructions for fresh mushrooms. So, make sure to account for a few extra minutes.
You will also want to make sure that the mushrooms are sliced to create the best creamy sauce for this pork recipe.
Change the flavor of the sauce:
To change the flavor of this creamy sauce you can always add a little bit of parmesan cheese, dijon mustard, or even a little bit of fresh thyme.
However, I would suggest making the recipe as is, and then the next time making it to fit your liking or changing the flavor for the next time.
How to make this Creamy Mushroom Pork in the Air Fryer:
Pork chop instructions:
Step 1: Make the seasoning and prep the pork
Start by combining the paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Then, pat the pork chops dry with kitchen paper.
Step 2: Season pork
First, spray the pork chops with the oil sprayer generously. Then, season the pieces of pork with salt and pepper to taste on each side.
Once that is done, season generously with the homemade spice mix.
Step 3: Cook the pork
Air fry the pork chops at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees C for 5-10 minutes.
Note, that this will depend heavily on the size and thickness of your pork chops.
After the 5-minute mark check the pork to make sure you are arriving at the safe internal temp is 145 degrees F or 67 degrees C for pork chops, but avoid overcooking the pork to keep them tender with juices.
Creamy mushroom sauce instructions
Step 1: Start sauce
Now, in a cast iron skillet melt the 2 tablespoons butter and add the mushrooms cooking them over medium-high heat until they have a nice sear and look golden brown.
Step 2: Add herbs
Once the mushrooms add garlic, fresh parsley, and Italian seasoning, string everything together and let it simmer for an additional minute or so.
Step 3: Finish the mushroom gravy
After the spices have cooked for a bit, add in the chicken broth and stir it together.
Next, pour the heavy cream into the mixture and then let it all simmer together until the creamy garlic mushroom sauce has thickened up slightly.
Put it all together:
Plate this pork loin chops by putting the air-fried pork chop on a plate and topping it with a generous spoonful of creamy mushroom sauce.
What to serve with creamy pork dinner
There are many different options to serve with this pork chops recipe. They are quick and easy to make too!
My favorite and easy side dish recipes:
- Air Fryer Broccoli from Frozen
- How to Roast Any Vegetable in the Air Fryer
- Rice in the Air Fryer
- The Best Fried Rice in the Air Fryer
This is a great and easy recipe for the whole family in less than 30 minutes.
You can even use this creamy mushroom recipe for other proteins like chicken and steak as well.
Easy and delicious air fryer dinner recipes:
- Fast and Easy Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Dinner
- How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Juicy Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Marinade
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Make Perfect Chicken Street Tacos! (Easy Dinner Idea + VIDEO)
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Small bowl
- Oil sprayer
- Paper towel
For the pork chops:
- Combine paprika, garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Pat the pork chops dry with kitchen paper
- Spray with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season generously with the spice mix.
- Air fry the pork chops at 380F for 5-10 minutes. This will depend heavily the size of your pork chops.
- Safe internal temp is 145F
For the mushroom sauce:
- In a skillet,
- Melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry until golden brown.
- Add garlic, parsley and Italian seasoning. Stir and sizzle for an additional minute or so.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Add the cream.
- Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Plate the garlic pork chops, top with creamy mushroom sauce
- Add more to the meal by serving it with with cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or pasta.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!