Air Fryer Frozen Texas Toast
Normally pasta is a quick dinner that I can throw together and with this air fryer frozen texas toast recipe you can keep dinner simple and done in no time.
Since with the air fryer, you don’t need to wait for the oven to heat up, you truly can have dinner done in 15 minutes or less if you need to!
Plus who doesn’t love some delicious garlic bread to dip in your pasta sauce? It is definitely a favorite for my family that is for sure.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Frozen Texas Toast:
- Frozen Texas Toast (cheese or garlic flavor works great!)
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
Does the Texas Toast need to defrost beforehand?
When you are ready to make this recipe you can do it without adding any additional defrosting time.
You do want to actually make these when they are frozen just like when you were to make them in the oven.
The air fryer simply speeds up the cooking process, but you would make them the same as if you made them in the oven. So no need to change the process, just the tool you’re using.
Can I use homemade Texas toast instead?
While you can always make your own homemade texas toast, this recipe is made for the frozen version of texas toast.
So I would suggest that you either freeze the bread before you use it in this recipe.
Or you can adjust the cooking time and temperature to make sure that the toast doesn’t get dried out and burnt.
How to Make Bacon Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken:
Step 1: Place Texas toast in the air fryer
When you are ready to cook the texas toast, open up the package of frozen bread and place the bread in the air fryer.
Make sure to spread the toast out and keep it in an even layer with no overlapping to make sure that the toast cooks through evenly.
Step 2: Cook the Texas toast
To heat up the Texas toast, air fry the frozen toast at 340°F or 170°C for about 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the toast is heated through to your liking.
If you’re cooking only 1-2 pieces it might only take about 5-6 minutes. Timing will also depend on how crisp you like your toast, the type of cheese, how thick the toast is, etc.
Test a piece first and you’ll know more about what your preferred timing is like for your particular frozen cheese toast.
Remember you can always add time, but you can’t take time away so start with less time and add more as you need.
More frozen foods to make
The air fryer is a great way to make frozen foods. When you make them in the air fryer they cook just as great as the oven or air fryer, but in less time and with less fat!
Frozen food recipes for the air fryer:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- How To Cook Perfect Air Fried Frozen Onion Rings
- How To Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Fish Sticks
You can find an even more extensive list of frozen foods to cook in the air fryer all in one place!
Make sure to save this so you are prepared to make dinner simple and fast! It works great when you are short on time to still get that nice crunch and soft center we all love about Texas toast.
Plus, using the air fryer is a great way to reheat the Texas toast for 2-4 minutes at 350 degrees F or 178 degrees C.
Dessert recipes you’re going to love!
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Texas Toast
- 4 slices Frozen Texas Toast
- Place the frozen Texas toasts in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer (make sure they aren't overlapping). No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 340 °F for about 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and the toast is heated through.
- If you’re cooking only 1-2 pieces it might take about 5-6 minutes. Timing will also depend on how crisp you like your toast, the type of cheese, how thick the toast is, etc. Test a piece first and you’ll know more of what your preferred timing is like for your particular frozen cheese toast.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!