Baked Pancake Squares Recipe
Easy Baked Pancakes for Busy Mornings.
These baked pancake squares are wonderful! Super easy to make and the kids LOVE them. Especially with fresh fruit and maple glaze or syrup.
Instead of spending the time flipping pancakes and standing over the griddle, you can just stick these pancakes in the oven (like you would with German Pancakes) and start packing lunches or helping kids get ready for school while breakfast bakes.
These pancake squares taste just like a good old traditional pancake, but in more of a cake-like form. You can even add the things that you might add to regular pancakes, like blueberries or chocolate chips. Just add them to the bottom of the pan before you pour the batter in or sprinkle them on top before baking.
The ingredients are super simple! You probably have all of them on hand at any given time, which makes this an awesome last-minute dinner option too. I love breakfast for dinner every once in a while.
You can even try using a pancake mix and bake it in the oven the same way. It will taste great, but may not puff up and brown quite as nicely as this recipe.
Like traditional pancakes and waffles, you can make these baked pancakes ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze them individually, and just reheat when you want to eat them. You could even try making the batter the night before, refrigerating overnight, then baking in the morning.
I get 18 squares out of a 9×13 pan. We usually eat at least 2 squares per person. Serve with fresh fruit, jam, honey, buttermilk syrup, caramel syrup, maple syrup, cinnamon syrup, powdered sugar, yogurt, or maple glaze (recipe below). Or top with strawberries and whipped cream for a delicious shortcake!
Maple Glaze Recipe
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2-2 tablespoons milk
I’ve had my OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk for several years now and it is still going strong!
Baked Pancake Squares Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large, bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the melted butter. Then stir the flour mixture into the milk mixture, just until combined. Don't over-mix; the batter will be a bit lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Before baking, you can sprinkle on blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, or whatever you like to have in your pancakes!
Recipe Adapted From: Big Red Kitchen and Six Sisters Stuff