How to Make Homemade Croutons in the Air Fryer
Can You Make Croutons in the Air Fryer?
I love making fun and surprising recipes in the air fryer. Homemade croutons is one of the recipes that help me realize just what an air fryer can really do. If you are wanting to make a healthy salad for lunch, snack, or dinner. You can’t forget the croutons! With this recipe, you will have fresh and ready croutons in the matter of minutes!
Amazing and Simple Croutons in the Air Fryer
You only need a couple of ingredients to make homemade croutons. I love to use
- 3 slices bread
- Oil of choice- I prefer avocado oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
You can use any mix of seasoning and spices for your croutons. For example, you could try an Italian seasoning.
How to Make Croutons in the Air Fryer
Croutons in the air fryer is so easy! First, cut the slices of bread into cubes. Then place the cubes in the air fryer. Lightly spray the bread with oil and sprinkle on your seasonings. I love to use this Mistifi oil sprayer and fill it with avocado oil for this recipe.
How Long to Cook Croutons in the Air Fryer?
Once the oil and seasonings are evenly distributed, cook the bread for 5 minutes at 370 ̊F/188 ̊C. If you are worried about the bread flying up into the heating rack, you can place a wire rack like this one on top of the croutons.
Depending on how crispy and evenly cooked you want your croutons, continue to cook for an extra couple of minutes.
There you have it! Easy, homemade croutons in just 5 minutes. Enjoy these croutons on a delicious salad. What other ways to you like to enjoy croutons? Share with us in the comments below.
More fun air fryer recipes that you can enjoy
- Air Fryer Nacho Cheese Balls
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Apple Pecan Salad
- Quick and Easy Air Fryer Garlic Rolls
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Homemade Croutons in the Air Fryer
- 3 slices bread
- Avocado oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning to taste
- Cube desired amount of bread into bite sized pieces. I normally do about 3 slices of bread, which is enough for a 2-4 serving salad.
- Place bread cubes in air fryer.
- Spray with oil, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic to your liking. (Feel free to experiment with other of your favorite seasonings).
- Cook at 370°F/188°C for 5 minutes, stir or shake at halfway point.
- Depending on how crispy and evenly cooked you want your croutons, shake and cook for an extra couple of minutes.