80+ Frugal and Fun Girls’ Night Ideas for Adults
A happy mom is a better mom! So, I recently decided that I need to start planning to have a girls’ night once a month.
The idea is to create a reason to get together and provide an opportunity to relax, interact, and connect. It is therapeutic and fun! Everyone has some sort of skill, talents, or connections that they can utilize and share!
I think it would be fun to change it up and let each person take a turn hosting or choosing the activity. However, I want to keep it simple enough that is doesn’t become a source of stress for anyone. So, I came up with a bunch of easy, frugal and fun girls night ideas…
Some of these ideas may be better for smaller or for larger groups. I think most groups would be great at 3-6 people. Mommas can set it up so the dads watch the kids for girls’ night, then the moms watch kids so the men can have a boys’ night!
Girls’ Night In Ideas for Adults:
What better idea for a ladies get together than a relaxing at-home spa night?
- DIY hair deep conditioning treatment
- DIY face masks (Clarifying Facial Mask Recipe or All Natural Face Peel)
- DIY hair mask
- DIY pedicures or manicures
- Do a makeup makeover, try out some makeup tutorials you’ve pinned
- Experiment with hairstyles and styling tricks (find a lot of ideas on Pinterest!)
- Waxing Party: hair removal togetherness & bonding
- Make your own bath salts, salt scrub and/or sugar scrub
- Mix up some aromatherapy mists
Food is an essential part of any girls night in!
- Freezer Meal Cooking: Get a group of friends together and cook ahead for your families
- Pinterest Girls’ Night In: Each person bring a craft or food item from Pinterest
- Cocktail Party: Make some fun specialty drinks together (virgin versions are still fun, Mock Mojitos)
- Make sushi together
- Fondue Party (cupcake fondue, cheese, chocolate, sweet and savory dips, fondue recipes, Fondue Cookbooks)
- Potluck dinner
- Favorite Things Party: Bring a favorite thing and favorite food to share
- Spotlight Night: Pick one person that you want to spotlight. Have the host share a few of their favorite things, take turns hosting and sharing
- Fire Pit: Roast marshmallows, make s’mores, campfire eclairs
- Assemble mixes in jars as gifts
- Cook-off Challenge: Everyone brings their own homemade version of something, then you do a blind tasting and vote for the best food
- Smoothie-making/tasting Party: Everyone bring ingredients, create new concoctions, share favorites (Smoothie Recipes)
- Make your own pizzas (Pizza Recipes)
- Decorate Cookies: Provide many colors, candies, and tools for decorating sugar cookies or other tasty treats
- Gingerbread House Competition: Each decorate a gingerbread, rice crispy treat, or graham cracker house. Best one gets a prize!
- Everyone bring their favorite popcorn to share (Popcorn Recipes)
- Make gourmet caramel apples (Caramel Apple Recipes)
- Stay in and have your favorite foods delivered
Look for grocery coupons and other deals in our Deals Database!
Just Hanging Out:
Often it is fun enough to just invite the girls over, have a few snacks around, and talk with each other! Here are some more ideas…
- Gift-wrapping party: fun idea for just before Christmas
- Girls’ Night Book Club
- Soak in a hot tub
- Watch a chick flick or other movie at someone’s house (You can stream movies on FandangoNOW or VUDU!)
- Play a game or two (The Game of Things, Bunco, Scattergories, Jenga, Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, Taboo, Wackee Six, Codenames, Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Spot It, Uno Attack, Clue, Charades, see more popular games)
- Just Dance competition/party
- Mario Kart Tournament
- Make hair clips or headbands (DIY Baby Headbands)
- Make jewelry (DIY Bird Nest Necklace)
- Combine crafty supplies and make greeting cards together
- Seasonal/Holiday craft project (wreath, decor, etc)
- Find something for your home at a thrift shop and re-do it, then have a show-it-off party
- Make candles (DIY citronella candles)
- Sewing Party: bring your sewing machines and projects and work on it while you chat, make skirts or pillow covers
- Scrapbooking Party: Bring your stuff and get caught up while you chat and share
- Make string art decor
- Decorate journals
See more DIY Craft Ideas that we have posted!
- Book Exchange: read new books by swapping with friends
- Favorite Recipe Exchange
- Swap favorite healthy or all-natural recipes (food, cleaning, beauty)
- Coupon Swap Party
- Dust Collectors: Swap clothes, house items, toys and whatever you have that is collecting dust
- Lingerie Gift Exchange
- Garden Exchange Party: Everyone brings the surplus from their garden
- Clothing Swap: bring something cool that you don’t want anymore, but someone else might want, fashion show
- Fashion Accessory Swap
- White Elephant Gift Exchange: bring something fun or funny from your home that you can give away
- Kitchen Gadget Swap
- Freezer Meal Swap
- Re-gift Exchange: bring a gift you’ve received but don’t want to keep
- Handmade Gift Exchange
On some of the exchange or swap ideas, you can offer a prize for the best or worst things. You can draw numbers for who gets to choose first or find some other creative way to make it even more fun.
- Everything Pink Party (or other color)
- PJ Party
- Everything Chocolate Night
- Downton Abbey Party, or another favorite show or movie (have costumes, foods, decorations, and/or entertainment that fit the theme)
- Favorite Things
- Nationality Themed Party: Pick a nationality and do everything you can think of that fits the theme (could be a GNO too)
- Betty Party: Betty Crocker, Betty Ford, Betty White & Betty Boop. Calories, Cocktails, Cackles and Curves! “Name that Betty” trivia game for prizes, bring a Betty Crocker (calorie) or Betty Ford (cocktail). (Thanks, Tammy)
Girls’ Night Out Ideas:
Of course, I always look for a discount or coupon before I go out! Look for Coupons and Deals:
Some of these sites often offer coupon codes on local deals too!
- Go out for frozen yogurt
- Treat yourselves to a gourmet cupcake or donut
- Go to a movie
- Get pedicures or manicures at a local beauty school or another venue
- Go to a local concert or performance: live music, community theater, dance (lots of options if you have a college nearby)
- Go to a restaurant for an appetizer or dessert
- Choose a new restaurant, try something new & adventurous
- Mall Makeover: Hit the makeup counter at a department store and get your makeup done for free
- Get massages
- Hit a bucket of balls at the driving range
- Train for and run a 5K
- Find a food truck and order something new
- Try a fitness class together at the local rec. center
- Chocolate Tasting (could be done at home too)
- Mini Golf
- Cooking Class or Demonstration
- Pottery Painting
- Go to a museum or gallery
- Play Tourist: Visit a local tourist attraction
- Go shopping: mall, department store, thrift shop
- Volunteer: participate in charity or community service
Get out and enjoy yourself, your friends, and the lifestyle of the Fabulessly Frugal!
I’d love to hear about your girls’ night ideas too!
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again