AVOID The Amazon Prime Price Increase! (Last Day!!)
Amazon Prime is raising their prices to $99 a year!
Today is the LAST DAY to lock in your Amazon Prime account for $79! Don’t wait!
Already have Prime?
No Surprise there! Lots of us do!! If your membership expires BEFORE April 17th, you’ll see something like this: “On April 04, 2014, you will be charged $79 for another year of Prime. Starting April 04, 2015, you will be charged $99 per year.”
If it expires AFTER April 17th, you’ll automatically be charged the $99!
Here’s how to lock in the $79 rate for another year:
Here are step by step instructions (just click each link, to be directed to the correct page)
- Sign up for a FREE year of ShopRunner 2 Day service! (cause it’s free, and you might as well- No Credit Card Required!! Plus it only takes about 2 minutes!!)
- Look up your Amazon Prime Expiration Date.
- Purchase an Amazon Prime Gift Membership and have it sent to your Amazon email address, AFTER your membership is expected to expire.
- Place your order. You will be charged NOW, NOT when it delivers.
- Turn off your Amazon Prime Subscription Auto-Renew. (UPDATE: Since the post, Amazon has taken down the option to end the auto renew on Amazon Prime. You now have to Contact Amazon, when asked What Can We Help You With, Choose Something Else, on Tell us more about your issue, pick Prime, Student, or Mom Members, then select Change Prime Auto Renew, then select Chat. It takes about 2 minutes)
- On or after the date your Amazon Prime Membership expires, you should receive an email from Amazon with a year of Prime membership!
Thanks for the heads up, SlickDeals!
Why we Recommend Amazon Prime:
I’m sure you know that we love Amazon Prime! We talk about it all the time. Especially the FREE 2-Day Shipping! At $79, it’s less than $7 a month. At $99, it’s only $8.25 per month. All of us are planning on keeping our Prime memberships. Netflix is $7.99 to be able to watch streaming only on 2 screens. If you want to watch on more than that, it’s $11.99 per month! And that doesn’t include the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library.
Even at $99 a year, Amazon Prime is still an exceptional deal!! So, let’s look at the numbers. Let’s say you order ONE package from Amazon per month. Let’s say you order a movie, like Frozen. Pretty light, right? It cost $3.98 to ship!! Need new sheets? Shipping on those is $6.49!! Need some Laundry Detergent, or how about a sledgehammer? That’s $8.74 to ship or almost HALF of what the product costs!! Did your crock pot die? You can get a highly rated one for less than $30, but it’s $15.49 to ship without Amazon Prime!! What if you need TWO packages a month?
Yes, shipping is free, usually, if you order $35 worth of stuff. But why would you lock yourself into that? Way more often than not, I don’t WANT to have to spend $35! And 9 times out of 10, I don’t want to wait a WEEK to get my stuff. I LOVE that I can place an order on Monday morning, and it’ll be at my house on Wednesday!
For $79/year, Amazon Prime members get:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping with no minimum order size on over 20 million items
- Unlimited instant streaming of more than 40,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video
- Over 500,000 books to borrow for free, as frequently as once a month, with no due dates through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Kindle First flat out GIVES you one free, brand new, full length, professionally edited book every month (before it’s released!) Without Amazon Prime, you pay $1.99!
- Most items shipped through Amazon Prime ARRIVE WITHIN 2 DAYS! This cuts out the need for so many last minute trips to the store where I always used to over spend!
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Want free shipping? Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- Because Amazon’s prices fluctuate so much and some times so quickly, please don’t be mad at me if you miss this great price! Also, see why we ♥ Amazon Prime for free shipping! This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.