In order to get FREE Super Saver Shipping, you have to spend $35! With Prime, there is no minimum purchase! And there are so many more benefits!
I’ve been a member of Amazon Mom with Prime for over 2 years now. I LOVE the free shipping benefits. They saved Christmas! I was able to shop from home on about 95% of our gifts. Saved myself some gas money and time! By combining Amazon Prime Free Shipping and the FAB Amazon Deals we post about I got some killer deals!
Being a Amazon Prime member has some GREAT benefits!
- You get FREE 2-Day shipping on items purchased from or fulfilled by Amazon.com!
That means anything that say “eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $35″ will ship for FREE, with no minimum purchase and no limit on how many orders!! I don’t remember the last time I paid to ship something. It’s fantastic! Shipping a single order via 2-day shipping will have costs STARTING at around $10 a package, and that’s if you get a deal!
- Are you in a hurry to get something? Amazon Prime members can upgrade to one-day shipping for their Prime eligible orders for only $3.99! My husband loves this perk for the time-sensitive, work-related purchases that come up every once in a while.
- Get 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals!
- Amazon Prime members have access to the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library, which allows you to borrow 1 book per month for FREE and with no due date! Over 500,00 books are included. You can read it on your Kindle, or from any of your devices with a Kindle App on them!
Download one of the free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices. The Kindle app is available for every major smartphone, tablet, and computer. That means with the free Kindle Reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. And of course, you can also read that same Kindle book on a Kindle, Kindle Touch, or Kindle Fire if you own one. (I LOVE my Kindle Fire…)
- You can share your Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits with 4 family members (who do not need to live in your same house). $99 split 5 ways is only $20.00 a person (plus YOU get all the other benefits).
- Amazon Prime Members have Amazon Cloud Drive which provides unlimited secure online storage, automatic photo backup, and lets you access your photos anywhere: on your phone, computer, tablet, or any Fire device.
- The Kindle First Program gives Amazon Prime Members their choice of 4 highly rated books free each month!
- Prime Music gives Amazon Prime Members access to over a million songs that they can listen to free online or offline! And now there are Prime Stations that you can personalize to your own taste with unlimited skips and no ads and no extra cost!
- Prime Instant Video includes free streaming of movies and popular TV shows. Available for instant streaming on Kindle Fire HD, as well as Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Wii U, iPad, Roku, and on hundreds of TVs, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, and on the Web. I personally think Amazon Instant Video has a better selection than Netflix, but you can check out this list for yourself, before making any commitments. The ones here are Eligible For FREE instant Streaming with your Prime Membership.
Breaking it Down: The $99 cost for Amazon Prime
- In order to get FREE Super Saver Shipping, you have to spend $35. With Prime, there is no Minimum Purchase!
- $99 averages to $8.25 per month
- You can get a FREE 30-day trial membership for Amazon Prime, which means the $99 is actually for 13 months, which is $7.66 per month.
- Netflix costs $7.99 per month. Switching from Netflix to Amazon Prime saves you money, and gets you lots of other perks too!