20 Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
Homemade Christmas Gifts are fun to make, and a great way to help stretch your Holiday budget. I love to receive Homemade Gifts because I know that the giver really put time and effort into them. Plus it’s fun to see everyone’s clever ideas! We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas for you to try. Also check out 20 Homemade Gift Ideas for even more fun!
Homemade Granola in a Jar
This yummy Homemade Granola Recipe from Walking On Sunshine Recipes is fast and easy to make. It’s perfect for a last minute gift!
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- mini chocolate chips, dried fruit, sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/6 cup water (which is 2 TBS plus 2 tsps.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
See more of Homemade Granola in a Jar instructions!
DIY Coffee Cup Candles
I love how these Homemade Coffee Cup Candles can be personalized by using a cup with a design that fits your friend’s style. Thanks for the idea Sweet Cayenne!
- Candle Wax
- Candle Wicks
- Coffee Cups
- Fragrance Oils
- Microwave safe bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Craft sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Heating Pot
See more of DIY Coffee Cup Candles instructions!
Homemade Frame Gift
Grandparents love showing off pictures of their grand kids! This is an awesome way to, not only give them the picture, but also a fun way to display it! Check out how at Mom Dot.
- 7′ x 10″ block of wood
- Duck tape
- Twine or ribbon
See more of Homemade Frame Gift instructions!
Homemade Bath Bombs
These Homemade Bath Bombs are a fun gift for kids to make. The best part is that they are made with ingredients that you likely already have around the house! Thanks Red Ted Art!
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup cream of tartar
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or plain oil
- food coloring
- essential oils
- dried lavender (optional)
- Water in a spray bottle
- Ice cube trays (silicon best – hearts work better than stars, don’t get shapes that are too intricate or have sharp corners that could break off)
See more of Homemade Bath Bombs instructions!
DIY Holiday Mugs
- Paint markers or multi-surface acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Paper plates
See more of DIY Holiday Mugs instructions!
Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark
This Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark is a cute Holiday treat that is sure to be a hit! Check out how to make it at Princess Pinky Girl.
- White Melting Chocolate
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Orange Jimmies (you could get mixed rainbow jimmies & just pick out the orange ones)
- Red Hot Candy
- Pretzel Sticks
- Silicone baking mat or wax paper
DIY Puzzle & Gift Box
You could use any stencils you like to make these DIY Puzzles. Use the same stencil to make a matching box to store it in. Thanks for the idea Inspired Mama!
- Stamping ink
- Wood squares
- Clear acrylic sealer
- Mini Square Paper Mache Box
- White card stock
- Paper Trimmer or scissors
- 2″ scallop punch
- scrapbook paper
- Adhesive dots
See more of DIY Puzzle instructions!
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
This DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub not only leaves your skin feeling soft, it also smells amazing! Learn how to make it for yourself at Sugar Spice & Glitter.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- Small Jars
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 teaspoon water or coconut oil, optional
See more of Gingerbread Sugar Scrub instructions!
Reindeer Treat Bags
These cute little Reindeer Treat Bags from Eats Amazing are fun and easy for kids to make. They would be perfect for class parties or teacher gifts!
Supplies (makes 4):
- large sharing bag of Malteasers
- large sharing bag of Minstrels
- 2 bags Giant Chocolate Buttons
- 8 x strawberry softies or other red sweets
- 4 clear disposable piping bags or cone shaped cellophane bags
- 4 long brown pipe cleaners
- 8 googly eyes
- glue stick
See more of Reindeer Treat Bags instructions!
S’mores Mason Jar Gift
This S’mores Mason Jar Gift is probably the easiest idea on our list! Mix up some S’mores snack mix, print out your gift tags from A Night Owl Blog, put it all together, and voilà, you have a fun and yummy gift!
- Golden Grahams Cereal
- Holiday M&Ms
- Mini marshmallows
- Mason jars
- Card stock
See more of S’mores Mason Jar Gift instructions!
Popcorn Snowman Gift
This unique DIY Popcorn Snowman Gift is a clever way to give a homemade gift, without taking up too much of your limited Holiday time. Check out how to make your’s at I Heart Naptime.
- Bags or microwave popcorn
- White, black, & orange paper
- Black permanent marker
- Round sponge or stamp
- Pink stamping ink
- White button
When you make this Christmas Simmering Potpourri for friends or family, you’ll get the added benefit of having a festive smelling house too! Enjoy the wonderful Christmas scents as you prepare this gift for everyone on your list. Thanks Walking On Sunshine Recipes!
- Glass Canning Jars
- Ribbon or Raffia and Gift Tags – make sure you include directions on how to use the simmering potpourri.
- Dried Fruit
- Dried Cranberries – I used a prepackaged brand from the grocery store.
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Whole Cloves
- Star Anise
- Pine Branch Clippings – take a walk outside and gather a few pine twigs!
See more of Simmering Potpourri instructions!
Christmas Spirit Lip Balm
DIY Lip Balm is super popular! This Christmas Spirit Lip Balm from Sparkles of Sunshine gives it a fun, Holiday twist that everyone is sure to love!
- 1 tablespoon Beeswax Pastilles
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 7 drops of Essential Oil in your favorite Christmas scents
- Lip Balm containers
See more of Christmas Spirit Lip Balm instructions!
Hot Chocolate in a Jar
There is nothing better than coming inside from playing in the snow and having a nice, warm cup of hot chocolate. This Hot Chocolate in a Jar Gift from Recipes From A Pantry is guaranteed to be a hit!
- Hot chocolate powder
- Mini peppermint sticks
- Ferrero Rocher or biscotti or other toppings of your choice
- Gift tag
See more of Hot Chocolate in a Jar instructions!
DIY Gingerbread Body Butter
Nothing says Christmas like the smell of gingerbread! This DIY Gingerbread Body Butter is great for your skin, and smells delicious! Thanks Frugal Mom Eh!
- ½ C. Shea butter
- ½ C. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Air tight container such as a jar with lid
See more of DIY Gingerbread Body Butter instructions!
Personalized Scrabble Ornament
Do you have an old Scrabble game in the back of a closet? Re purpose it and make these cute Personalized Scrabble Ornaments for you friends and family. If you don’t happen to have a Scrabble game, you can order the tiles from Amazon here. Thanks Happiness Is Homemade!
- Scrabble tiles
- Heavy chipboard or recycled dense cardboard and/or large craft sticks
- X-Acto Knife & cutting mat
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Embellishments – Ribbon, Felt, Sequins, Confetti, Glitter, Etc.
- Tiny eye hooks (optional)
See more of Personalized Scrabble Ornament instructions!
Cookies in a Jar
We all get so many treats over the Holidays, that it can be a bit overwhelming. This Cookies in a Jar gift is perfect because it can be put away for later, after all of the other Holiday treats are gone. Head over to The Farm Girl Gabs to check out 3 yummy recipes.
Supplies for Chocolate Overload Cookies:
- 1 Quart Mason Jar
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with a paper towel after this layer)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Supplies for Candy Shop Cookies:
- 1 Quart Mason Jar
- 1 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Supplies for Cranberry Delight Cookies:
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (nut-free option: 1/2 cup rolled oats, rice crisp cereal or granola)
See more of Cookies in a Jar instructions!
Root Beer Christmas Gift
If you’ve never tried Homemade Root Beer, you’re missing out! Try out this recipe, and don’t forget to make extra. This is one homemade Christmas gift that you will want to keep for yourself! Find out how at Paint Brushes & Popsicles!
- 4 quarts cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Zatarain’s Root Beer Concentrate
- 1-2 pounds of dry ice (purchase within a few hours of when you are ready to make)
- Half-gallon glass jars
See more of Root Beer Christmas Gift instructions!
Hot Cocoa Stirring Spoons
These little Hot Cocoa Stirring Spoons are fun to make and are a great gift! The only problem, is they are so cute, you won’t want to use them!
- plastic spoons
- a variety of candy toppings (I used sprinkles and candy canes but you can use ANYTHING!)
- chocolate for melting (a little goes a long way)
- Washi Tape
- Treat Bags
See more of Hot Cocoa Stirring Spoons instructions!
Post-It Note Holder & Pen
This Post-It Note Holder & Pen is a great DIY teacher gift! It’s a fun and easy craft that your kids can help with too!
- Clear Acrylic 4×6 frames
- Post-It Notes
- Ink Pens
- Washi Tape
- Decorative Scrapbook paper
- Paper trimmer
See more of Post-It Note Holder & Pen instructions!
Trending DIY Projects