How to Get an Amazon Price Adjustment
In every amazon post we add a line at the bottom reminding you that amazon prices change quickly. Sometimes this works to your advantage and sometimes it works to your disadvantage. I recently purchased these cool New Lego Minecraft set for my kids for $39.99 each. The next day I noticed that the price had dropped down to $34.99! I was super bummed that I did not get to save the extra money on this purchase. One of our fab Facebook friends pointed out that you can request a refund for the price difference. So I decided to give it a try and it worked! So I am super excited to share it with you!
If you want to automate it… check out Paribus! They do everything for you! 😀
How to get an Amazon Price Adjustment:
1. Go to the amazon help page. Click on the Need More Help at the bottom, then Contact Us.
2. You will then have to log in to your account and the following page will appear. Your most recent purchases will appear below. If you do not see the purchase that you are inquiring about click on the button that says, “Choose a Different Order”.
3. You will then see your other recent purchases in a pop up box. Select the item that you are inquiring about and click “done”.
4. You will then see a drop downs menu form. In the first box choose, “Returns and refunds”, then a second box will appear. In the second box select “Other return or refund issue”. Then in the fill in the blank type, “Partial Refund Price Change”. Then you can email them, (this is what I did) call them, or start a live chat. All three methods work, but I prefer the email. All three methods should work.
5. If you choose email just explain what you would like done, and click “send email”. I have posted my example below.
I hope this is helpful for you. I was sure excited to learn about it. I have found that amazon is has fabulous customer service. Each time I have contacted with them they have been very helpful and they always resolved my issues. Come to think of it I think I got a $10 price adjustment last year via live chat for Just Dance 4! So if something goes wrong with your order don’t be afraid to ask for help at the amazon help page.
Items to note:
- In most cases this is limited to 7-days from the shipping date.
- Some reports are saying that this only works on items sold by amazon. Let us know what you find out.
Just one more great reason that we love amazon!
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again