Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Egg Recipe
Make your own Reese’s peanut butter eggs!
This chocolate peanut butter egg recipe is super easy and delicious! My husband is a big fan of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, so these homemade Reese’s eggs are one of his favorite Easter treats.
This is one of my favorite Easter treats because of how easy it is. It only takes a few minutes to whip up the ingredients. Then it is just a matter of filling the mold and letting the eggs set in the refrigerator or freezer. So easy and quick!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Only five ingredients are needed for these peanut butter Easter eggs (scroll down for exact measurements and a printable recipe sheet):
- Creamy peanut butter (I use a natural variety of creamy peanut butter, but it is still sweetened.)
- Powdered sugar
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips (My favorite milk chocolate chips are Guittard brand, but I suppose you could use any brand you prefer. If you haven’t tried Guittard, I highly recommend giving it a try!)
These Easter egg treats are especially easy when you have a silicone mold to use. This Wilton Silicone Petite Easter Egg Mold works great for me!
How to Make the Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Use a spoon to scoop some of the chocolate into each egg cavity
- Spread it up the sides a bit and make sure the entire bottom area is covered
- Shape some of the peanut butter mixture into elongated discs that will fit right in the middle of each egg.
- Use the spoon again to gently spread more chocolate over the top.
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to fill your mold pretty quick! Once you fill your mold, carefully place it on a flat surface in the refrigerator to let the chocolate set and harden. Or put it in the freezer to speed things up!
With this Easter egg mold, I end up with just enough chocolate, but a bit of the peanut butter mixture leftover. Your results may vary depending on the mold you use.
P.S. This is the chocolate peanut butter hearts recipe, just with a different mold.
The silicone molds are oven, freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe! Works awesome for this chocolate peanut butter recipe, making crayons, Jell-O and more!
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Egg Recipe
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar together.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes on 50% power (power level 5). Stir until bowl no longer feels warm, then microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir until smooth.
- Place enough melted chocolate into each cavity of the mold to cover the bottom of each egg. Shape 1-2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture into an elongated oval disc. Gently place the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate in each egg. Cover with more of the melted chocolate, use a spoon to gently spread it. Place the mold into the refrigerator or freezer until hardened. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you have extra peanut butter filling and chocolate, you can layer the chocolate and peanut butter into the bottom of a muffin liner to make your own homemade peanut butter cups!