Lemon Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
Try this easy skillet shrimp recipe!
This shrimp recipe is easy, delicious, and healthy! Plus, I can have it on the table in 30 minutes or less. Another bonus – my whole fam loves it! A restaurant quality dish for a fraction of the cost and in the comfort of your own home. Just make sure that someone else gets to clean up the kitchen and you’ll be golden. 😉
This is the Wild Argentine Red Shrimp from Zaycon. Good stuff! Every once in a while they offer a promo code so it ends up being an awesome deal on high quality peeled and deveined shrimp. If you sign up for a Zaycon account, they can send you emails about the best deals and promo codes!
Note: The color of your sauce and shrimp may look a little less pink/red if you are not using the Argentine Red Shrimp. Either way, it will be delicious though!
The sauce is nice and simple! I usually use 2% milk, but you can use whole milk or heavy cream instead, if you want. You can even use almond or coconut milk, but you will get a bit of a different flavor in the sauce.
I like to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese in this sauce, not the powdery stuff. Although it would probably work fine in a pinch. 😉
The milk or cream that you use may make a difference in how long it takes to thicken up, so keep an eye on the thickening and just cook until it is about where you want it to be. Of course, the cornstarch slurry really helps move things along too.
Serve over cooked rice, pasta, or veggies. My kids love it with bow tie or penne pasta, but I want to try it with zucchini noodles next!
If you’re looking for a great nonstick skillet, I have a few T-fal pans and I love them! I have the T-fal Professional 12-inch skillet and the T-fal Ultimate cookware set with skillets too. 🙂
This recipe is slightly adapted from Cafe Delites.
Would you like to see more of our recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
If you like this recipe, you’ll probably also love the Lemony Grilled Shrimp!
Lemon Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound jumbo-size shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk (or whole milk, or heavy cream)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste (about 1 or 2 lemons)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the shrimp and cook each side for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the milk. Bring the sauce to a boil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and let the sauce simmer for about 2 minutes, until thickened slightly. Then add the cornstarch/water mixture and quickly whisk until combined. Continue cooking until thickened, just a few minutes longer.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir the lemon juice into the sauce. Transfer shrimp back to the skillet and top with lemon slices, parsley, extra shredded Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper (if needed).
- Serve over steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, rice, or cooked pasta.