Keto Taco Bites Recipe
Easy dinner, snack, or appetizer recipe – Keto Taco Bites!
When the whole family loves it – even the picky ones – it is a recipe worth getting excited about. Yes, this is a keto and low carb recipe, but anyone that likes tacos will like it! In fact, my kids that don’t like tacos, actually do like these mini keto taco bites. 😉 (ps – if you’re curious about the Ketogenic lifestyle, read this post Cathy wrote about why she decided to do the Keto Diet and her beginners tips for the Keto Diet!
It is fast and easy to mix up your own homemade taco seasoning! I use this taco seasoning recipe all the time. It is nice to have control over what exactly is in there and it tastes good too.
This keto recipe calls for only four ingredients and they are simple ones too – cheese, eggs, ground beef, and taco seasoning. Even with such simple ingredients, the mini taco bites are surprisingly delicious! Adding a yummy taco garnish makes them even better, of course.
If you’re looking for a good deal on ground beef, check if Zaycon offers events in your area. I like ordering ground beef and chicken from them, especially when there’s a promotion going on.
The recipe yields about 36 mini taco bites, so if you only have one mini muffin pan, you may need to work in batches…unless your mini muffin pan is like mine. Yeah, I have what you might call a mega mini muffin pan. I can bake 48 mini muffins (or keto taco bites) at a time! Two mini muffin pans in one. Cool, right? Barely fits in my oven, but it DOES fit. 😉
These keto taco bites freeze well too! Freeze leftovers or make extra for a freezer meal, then just thaw and reheat. FYI – They heat up from frozen in the microwave just like chicken nuggets do, if you’re as familiar with frozen chicken nuggets as I am. 😉
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Keto Taco Bites Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- Garnish ideas: salsa, guacamole, olives, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a mini muffin pan with cooking spray, melted butter, or mini muffin liners.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until almost cooked through. Stir in the taco seasoning and finish cooking. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the taco meat and 4 ounces (about 1 full cup) of the cheese. Fill the mini muffin cups about 3/4 full and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the tops.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed and firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite taco toppings, like salsa, guacamole, olives, and/or sour cream.
Recipe Adapted From: All Day I Dream About Food