Honey Lime Glazed Salmon Recipe
Quick and Easy Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
One day, in the late afternoon/nearly evening, I was trying to figure out something quick and delicious to serve for our Sunday dinner. I usually try to plan about 3-4 dinner meals for the week when I prepare my grocery list, but that doesn’t happen every week! Ha. Maybe one day I’ll be able to stay on top of things?
Anyway, I found this recipe in the America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook and decided to give it a try because I had some salmon in the freezer, all the other ingredients on hand, and it sounded better than quesadillas!
Let me tell you, this honey lime salmon did not disappoint. Quick and easy, plus delicious. A winning combo. Now I just need to find a good sale on salmon so I can make it more often!
How to Make This Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
It should only take you about 20 minutes altogether to have this honey lime salmon on a plate and ready to serve. If you’ve never cooked salmon before, don’t even worry!
For the glaze, it’s as simple as whisking the ingredients together and then simmering it over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Once the glaze is thickened (should take about a minute) remove it from heat and cover it.
The salmon is really easy. First, pat it dry with a paper towel, then rub the mixture (found below) evenly over the flesh side of it. Then, in a 12-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet heat up some oil over medium-high heat.
Once it starts to smoke a bit, lay the salmon flesh side down into the skillet and cook it until it’s nice and brown (about 1 minute). Then, remove the skillet from heat and spoon the glaze over the fillets. You can then pop the salmon in the oven and bake it for about 7-10 minutes.
Enjoy Your Glazed Honey Lime Salmon
If you’re already a fan of salmon, there’s no doubt that you’ll love this recipe. If you’re not so big of a fan of salmon, you might STILL love this recipe. It’s that good!
Basically, if you see salmon on sale one day, at least give this recipe a try. It’s so easy and quick to make you’ll be glad you gave it a shot.
More Fish Recipes
- Tilapia with Lemon Cream Sauce
- The Fishermans Wife Salmon
- Freezer Meal: Salmon Cakes
- Skillet Honey Lime Tilapia Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- Broiled Salmon 5 Simple Ingredients
Honey Lime Glazed Salmon Recipe
- Small saucepan
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 center-cut salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- For the Glaze: Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover.
- For the Salmon: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, and pepper in small bowl. Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and rub sugar mixture evenly over flesh side of salmon.
- Heat oil in 12-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Lay salmon, flesh side down, in skillet and cook until well browned, about 1 minute. Using tongs, carefully flip salmon and cook on other side for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and spoon the glaze over the fillets. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until center is still translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Serve.
Recipe Source: America's Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook