Tasty Steak Fajita Freezer Meal and Air Fryer Recipe
Freezer Steak Fajitas
Fajitas are a nice freezer meal to have on hand for the family, to exchange in a freezer meal group, or to give to another family. Easy to make, customize-able, family-friendly, and delicious! Healthy too!
The only downside to these freezer steak fajitas is that beef can be expensive. Top sirloin is probably the best choice if it is on sale, but a top round cut will work as well. You can probably get away with using most any boneless beef steak. Tip: Slice the meat across the grain to help tenderize it.
Even on sale though, beef usually costs more than chicken. So feel free to try the fajitas with chicken instead of beef if you want to. I’m sure it will still be wonderful! The marinade is delicious on steak or chicken!
The prep for this fajita freezer meal involves a lot of slicing and some marinade-making, but no cooking.
After thawing the freezer meal and before serving is when all of the stir-frying action happens. It only takes about 13 minutes to cook it all up!
Fajita Freezer Meal Tips:
This steak freezer meal has four elements to package together, but separately:
- Marinated Beef
If you can’t find a large resealable bag, you can just wrap everything up in a few plastic grocery bags, but it would be a good idea to make sure the resealable bags within are of freezer quality to help protect the food.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
This meal is also easy to make in the air fryer. You can pull it out of the air fryer, then cook it up in the air fryer. Or, you can make it the same day.
Air Fryer Instructions
Cut the veggies and steak. Mix it together with the marinade ingredients. Then let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour, to let it marinate.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F/200°C. Place the steak and veggies in the air fryer basket and cook it at 360°F/180°C. for 14 minutes, stirring the food halfway through.
Follow these same instructions if you are cooking it from frozen. Just make sure to let it thaw out at least 24 hours before in the refrigerator.
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Learn More About Freezer Meal Cooking:
- Top 5 Benefits of Freezer Meal Cooking
- Freezer Meal Cooking: Is It Better In a Group?
- 24 Freezer Meal Tips to Make Your Life Easier
- Foods You Shouldn’t Freeze
- Freezer Meal eBook
More Freezer Meal Recipes:
- Homemade Manwich Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipe
- Freezer Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (So Easy)
- Poor Man’s Lasagna Recipe
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipe
Tasty Steak Fajita Freezer Meal Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless top sirloin steak or other steak
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic about 6 cloves
- 1 onion cut into strips
- ½ green bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
For cooking and serving:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- sour cream salsa, guacamole, or other fajita toppings
Prepare for Freezer (optional):
- Cutting across the grain, slice each steak into thin strips. Place beef in a gallon size bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, oil, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and pepper. Pour marinade over the beef. Measure two teaspoons of minced garlic into the bag and seal the bag.
- Place onion and green pepper strips in a 1-quart bag. Seal.
- Measure 1 cup cheese into sandwich or quart bag. Seal.
- Place 10 tortillas into quart or gallon bags, depending on the size of tortilla you choose. Seal.
- Place all of the bags into a 2-gallon bag to keep it all together, if desired. Seal and freeze flat.
Prepare after Freezing:
- Completely thaw one entree in the refrigerator.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and stir-fry until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Remove veggies from skillet and add beef. Stir-fry until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and return veggies, stirring to combine.
- Serve with tortillas, cheese, and any other fajita toppings.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F/200°C for 5 minutes.
- Air fry 360°F/180°C for 10-14 minutes, rotating once halfway through.
- For extremely tender veggies, cook longer, but don't add steak until the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Recipe Source: Fix, Freeze, Feast