Crockpot Beef Enchilada Soup Recipe (Freezer Meal)
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Soup!
Even on those busy nights, bring the family to the table for a wholesome home-cooked meal. This crockpot Enchilada Soup Freezer meal is an easy one to heat in the microwave and have ready on the table in no time! It is a hearty and delicious soup that you are sure to love! And if you’re short on time, you could whip this up in your instant pot as well!
Another reason this slow cooker enchilada soup recipe is great is that you can change it up to taste however you like! For example, use whichever can of Rotel is your favorite (there are lots of options to choose from on Amazon)!
You can also change up the garnishes for a totally different taste and vibe! We recommend topping your soup with olives, shredded cheese, tortilla chip strips, avocado, sour cream, or fresh cilantro. If you have other ideas, comment them below!
Oh, and feel free to use your favorite homemade enchilada sauce if you’d like, or store-bought is fine too (Plus it’s easier!).
Beef, chicken, and other meats work too
While I typically make this as a beef enchilada soup, this recipe is also easy to adapt to different kinds of meat. I have made it with shredded chicken and chicken broth instead of the beef.
Easy freezer prep
Preparing this crockpot enchilada soup for the freezer is super easy. As you can see from the image above, just place the browned ground beef in a gallon-sized freezer bag first, then add your black beans (rinsed and drained), Rotel, frozen corn, chopped onions, and roasted peppers.
Nothing beats the comfort of a bowl of soup on a cool Fall or Winter day. This soup is easy to make in a crockpot and freeze or you can freeze the uncooked ingredients in a bag and just throw them in the crock-pot and cook.
I enjoy slow cooker and freezer meal dinners especially on busy days when everyone has a different schedule. You can just keep it warm in the crockpot for all the household coming and going activities.
More Freezer Meal Soup Recipes:
- Healthy White Chicken Chili Recipe (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
- Easy Crockpot Lentil Soup with Sausage
- Pasta e Fagioli Olive Garden Copycat Recipe
- Zupas Copycat Yucatan Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Homemade Beef Stew
Learn More About Freezer Meal Cooking:
- Why you NEED Freezer Meal Cooking in your life!
- How to start a Freezer Meal Group (Should you?)
- 24 Freezer Meal Hacks you need to learn
- Foods That Don’t Freeze Well
- Freezer Meal Connected eBook
Crockpot Beef Enchilada Soup Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (about 15 oz)
- 1 can Rotel about 14 oz
- 1 package frozen corn about 10 oz
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 bottle roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can Enchilada sauce about 10 oz
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chip Strips
- Sliced Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- Combine black beans, Rotel, frozen corn, chopped onions, and roasted red peppers into your crock pot and stir.
- Melt butter on the stove top and add flour. Whisk until smooth and it begins to bubble. Add beef broth and milk, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add enchilada sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Place browned ground beef in crock pot (over beans, corn and other ingredients).
- Pour the sauce from the stove over everything in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for for 3-4 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Melt butter in instant pot liner, using saute mode. Add flour and quickly whisk for a minute, then add the milk and broth. Stir until smooth.
- Pour in enchilada sauce and stir until combined and smooth. Pour sauce into a large measuring cup or bowl to set aside.
- Cook meat in instant pot, drain if necessary.
- Add black beans, rotel, corn, onions, and chopped peppers and stir to combine. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to ensure no beef is remaining.
- Pour sauce over the mixture and add another 1/2 to 1 cup of broth if needed.
- Set instant pot to cook for 5 minutes on high, then do a quick pressure release.
- Open Gallon Sized Freezer bag and place browned ground beef, black beans (rinsed and drained), Rotel, frozen corn, chopped onions, and roasted red peppers.
- You'll add the butter, flour, broth, enchilada sauce and milk on cooking day.
To Prepare After Freezing
- Lightly thaw bagged ingredients enough to push out of bag into slow cooker.
- Melt butter on the stove top and add flour. Whisk until smooth and it begins to bubble.
- Add beef broth and milk, stir and bring to a boil, then add enchilada sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the crock pot and cook on low for for 3-4 hours.
- OR cook in an instant pot for 15 minutes and slow release for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot soup with any or all of suggested toppings!
Easy Air Fryer Lemon Donuts3 Comments
Comments & Reviews
Think you could make ahead then freezer after cooked? The veggies & beans may be mush upon reheating though.
I am looking for interesting meals to make and give to college student to reheat in oven/microwave/stovetop.
Yes! This is a great one to make ahead, then freeze in individual portion sizes. I’ve never had an issue with the veggies/beans being mushy. This would def be a great one for a college student! Good idea!