Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
The best Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe!
People have been making pound cake for ages because it’s simply delicious. If you’re a fan of pound cake, you’ve got to try this cream cheese pound cake recipe. It’s moist, dense, soft, and SO flavorful! The bottom of the cake ends up with this nice, sweet “crust.” I just LOVE the texture and flavor of this pound cake!
We recommend having an electric mixer and a bundt pan for this recipe! Even with a bundt pan as awesome as mine, make sure to grease and flour the pan well with this pound cake recipe. Baker’s Joy spray works well too!
- Beat room temperature butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until nice and creamy
- Gradually add sugar, mixing in well
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined
Tip: Consider cracking eggs into a separate smaller bowl first to avoid any loose eggshell pieces falling into your cake mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and gently mix in salt
- Gradually add to batter mixture beating at low speed until well blended after each addition
- Stir in vanilla
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer or cake tester is inserted and comes out clean
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10-15 minutes
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before serving
Tip: Placing the cake in a cold oven to start makes the center of the cake cook completely while creating a nice crisp crust. Keep in mind that every oven is different so you’ll want to be sure to keep a close watch on your pound cake.
Your Cream Cheese Pound Cake is Ready to Serve!
If you’d like to make this cream cheese pound cake even sweeter, try warming it up on the grill. And adding fresh sliced strawberries and whipped topping is always a good idea! YUM!
Note: Pound cake freezes well too!
More Cake Recipes:
- Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe From Scratch (So Moist)
- Raspberry Lime Ice Cream Cake
- Mini Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
- My Favorite Flag Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Cake Roll Recipe
Would you like to see more of our tried and true recipes?
Subscribe to our recipe email.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toppings of your choice (optional)
- Do not preheat oven.
- In a large bowl, beat room temperature butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until nice and creamy. Gradually add sugar, mixing in well. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and gently mix in salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon the thick batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan. (Make sure the pan is greased and floured well! Baker's Joy spray is what I use.)
- Place the cake in the cold oven and then turn on to 300 degrees. (Doing this helps the center of the cake cook completely while creating a nice crisp crust.) Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick is inserted and comes out clean. Keep in mind that every oven is different so you’ll want to be sure to keep a close watch on your cake.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Set ingredients out ahead of time enough to have all ingredients room temperature before you start.
Recipe Adapted From: Southern Living